In (further) praise of Jet City - what it`s being used for.........

newi123newi123 Frets: 863
edited July 2017 in Amps
I know - I`ve been here before, but I`ve got my fan boy hat back on and just wanted to give you a heads up of a couple of weeks in the life of my Jet City JCA20HV..........

Upton Blues:

Went to Upton Blues a week and a bit ago with a couple of friends tasked with running the after hours blues jam. One of the friends also runs the acoustic stage in the memorial hall.

Job 1 - an american solo guitar player / singer, Brooks Williams, borrowed the amp as his pro junior was doa when he go to the stage. Played a lovely Guild semi and a cigar box guitar through it and sounded unbelievably good. Amp set low so stage volume was low, preamp way down, mids cut a bit. Sounded awesome - clean and vintagy!

Job 2 - blues Jam - started at midnight throught to 2am, so the challenge was staying awake. About 150 people and plenty of harp players, couple of drummer and bassists, one sax player but no other guitar players. Who knows why! Amp set with preamp 1/2 up, mids still cut a bit, volume matched to quiet drummer, HSS strat with tuner, way huge green rhino (TS) and dd3. Covered all sorts from muddy water to hendrix. Sounded great - edge of breakup with no pedal - boosted for solos and heavier tracks.

Back to gigging:

Job 3 - Fat lils in Witney this Sat. Small ish Rock club (150 - 200) and back to the Rock Band. Early AC/DC through to SOAD - preamp now on 75%, mids back in, volume on around 2 to match harder hitting drummer - great on stage sound. Same HSS strat and epi les paul to drop C for a couple of tunes. Tuner to phase 90 to SD1 with dd3 and H9 in the loop. Covered all bases really well! Majority of rhythm stuff played straight in - sd1 / phase 90 kicked in for solos with delay as needed. SD1 used throughout for some heavier tracks. H9 only really used for bit of pitch shifting on RATM. 

All played through an open back Zilla 2x12 with a heritage and a v30 - who really needs amp modelling to cover a variety of bases! :-) It`s a great amp and it cost £220 - let me say that again - £220!!!!!!!! It`s still preventing me buying the Shiva in the classifieds!
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom