Have we had an influx of bedroom sellers?

What's Hot
TeyeplayerTeyeplayer Frets: 3219
If this is in the wrong section feel free to move to another area.

Ok, I reckon we are pretty welcoming to folk that come here that are genuinely into their guitars. 

However, is it just me or have we started to have an influx of bedroom sellers recently, the sort that bare the hallmarks of all our favourite unrealistic evilbayers? I've been thinking this for the last month or so but having seen a number of recent posts I am becoming more and more convinced of it.

I accept that that I may be the grumpy old git at the end of the village bar saying 'well they isn't local'. ;)
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6081
    Certainly some very optimistic pricing going on.
  • guitarfishbayguitarfishbay Frets: 7961
    If they stick to the rules then let them sell.  Some of them might sell stuff that regulars want, or buy items regulars have to sell.

If they cause trouble they can be banned.

Some of them might end up involved in discussions at a later date.  I initially found MR through the classifieds, and started posting in discussions later.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • BRISTOL86BRISTOL86 Frets: 1920
    If they stick to the rules then let them sell.  Some of them might sell stuff that regulars want, or buy items regulars have to sell.

Some of them might end up involved in discussions at a later date.  I initially found MR through the classifieds, and started posting in discussions later.
    I'm having a senior moment, what's MR?
  • Hertz32Hertz32 Frets: 2248
    Music radar. The forum that died and then subsequently lead to the creation of this as the community was homeless. 
    Most of the "original" members here were invited by people on the MR forum by word of mouth. 
    'Awibble'
    Vintage v400mh mahogany topped dreadnought acoustic FS - £100 
  • TeyeplayerTeyeplayer Frets: 3219

And I know I found this place through the classifieds and to be fair posted in the classifieds before I got involved with discussions, so I see that.
  • guitarfishbayguitarfishbay Frets: 7961
    BRISTOL86 said:

Music Radar.

The Fretboard forum started out as a result of the Music Radar (as in http://www.musicradar.com/) forum being closed indefinitely.

Many of the posters on here have known each other from then, and I think there was even a community of posters from a forum that predates Music Radar too (I wasn't a part of that).

• BRISTOL86BRISTOL86 Frets: 1920
    Aha! Thanks! 
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12382
    BRISTOL86 said:

Music Radar.

The Fretboard forum started out as a result of the Music Radar (as in http://www.musicradar.com/) forum being closed indefinitely.

Many of the posters on here have known each other from then, and I think there was even a community of posters from a forum that predates Music Radar too (I wasn't a part of that).

It was the Intermusic forum before that, a fair number of people on here were members. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    Yeah, I posted on the Intermusic forums for a bit, then Musicradar, then got banned, then came over here and got banned too.
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Hertz32Hertz32 Frets: 2248
    edited July 2017
    Drew_TNBD said:
    Yeah, I posted on the Intermusic forums for a bit, then Musicradar, then got banned, then came over here and got banned too.
    You're like herpes. 

No-one wants you, we can't get rid of you and people flounce off because of you
    'Awibble'
    Vintage v400mh mahogany topped dreadnought acoustic FS - £100 
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    I could do with a new bedroom .. who is selling?

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
    Fretwired said:
    I could do with a new bedroom .. who is selling?
    You can come and finish mine if you need to get it out of your system.
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9555
    JezWynd said:
    Certainly some very optimistic pricing going on.
  • quarkyquarky Frets: 2777
    edited July 2017
    Who wants my Epiphone (by Gibson) Les Paul (Special II). £300 ONO. Your chance to own the legend!
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24581
    I could do with a bedroom/office as a spare - is that a hybrid or a semi?
  • CarpeDiemCarpeDiem Frets: 291
    It was the classifieds that attracted me to join the site, but I have since followed and contributed to a number of threads. Hopefully, some of my comments proved useful!
    CarpeDiem said:
    It was the classifieds that attracted me to join the site, but I have since followed and contributed to a number of threads. Hopefully, some of my comments proved useful!
    Well if you have been useful you've done better than most of us! ;) Just look at this thread, we are a sarcastic bunch of jokers, but then again...most musicians are.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    CarpeDiem said:
    Well if you have been useful you've done better than most of us! ;) Just look at this thread, we are a sarcastic bunch of jokers, but then again...most musicians are.
    Lol, musicians on a guitar forum?

;)
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited July 2017
    CarpeDiem said:
    Well if you have been useful you've done better than most of us! Just look at this thread, we are a sarcastic bunch of jokers, but then again...most musicians are.

True @Bridgehouse who am I kidding? Bunch of argumentative old amateurs?  Because I know I am!
    CarpeDiem said:

;)
    True @Bridgehouse who am I kidding? Bunch of argumentative old amateurs? ;)
    We certainly are amateurs at arguing anything ;)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom