Kemper into Helix .....anybody doing it ?

What's Hot
DominicDominic Frets: 16103
Anybody using both together and getting best of both worlds ?
The Helix switching and effects possibilities and the arguable better amp sims of the Kemper
If so;how are you set up ?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• guitarfishbayguitarfishbay Frets: 7961
    edited August 2017
    I'm not an expert on those units but a combination of putting the Helix in the Kemper FX loop (via 4cm if desired) and Sending MIDI from the Helix to switch the Kemper would be how to get the job done I think.

Devin Townsend uses a Kemper for amp sounds and an Axe FX2 for effects, so the same would be possible with the Helix instead of the Fractal. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • sgosdensgosden Frets: 1994

have seen a couple of posts of people doing it on the Helix facebook group. Looks like a super computer of digital goodness.

Also seen that Pete thorn has been taking a Helix floor & kemper toaster as his 'flying' Rig.

• DominicDominic Frets: 16103
    Does anybody know the nuts and bolts of how to set this up?
    Not 4 cable method but so the Kemper goes in a loop of the Helix and is a patch in it's own right and the stereo out goes from the Helix to the speakers ????
  • sgosdensgosden Frets: 1994
    edited August 2017
    Dominic said:
    Does anybody know the nuts and bolts of how to set this up?
    Not 4 cable method but so the Kemper goes in a loop of the Helix and is a patch in it's own right and the stereo out goes from the Helix to the speakers ????

I don't know much about the routing options in the kemper, or if you'd want to use the kempers Cabs or Helix's but for what you're describing ... I would guess you could use fx send 1 from helix into the front of the Kemper, then if the kemper has a non powered 1/4 out it could go into the return 1 in helix. Basically using the kemper in the same way as a full amp model in helix. Then split your signal (use stereo fx) after the kemper block, and use the L&R outs on helix.