• Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    Okay okay.. one more:

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24581
    Nurse! He's escaped again!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • teradaterada Frets: 5113
    edited August 2017
    And there goes my evening, to much good content there. Another one to add to the pile...

9reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14455
    Is that site for real?

By either scale, my IQ is slightly too low to qualify for MENSA. Luckily, I am not vain enough to ask to take the entrance examination.

One of the advantages of being of above average intelligence is the realisation that it is not much of an advantage. If anything, it has an isolating effect. Most of the people one encounters will be of a lower IQ. Some attempts to communicate might fail, leading to frustration on all sides.

Another advantage of being of above average intelligence is that it should enable one to realise that boasting about a high IQ is a good way to piss off a lot of people in short order. The obvious example of recent times is Donald Trump. He boasted many times of his high intelligence. Perhaps, he imagined that this would make other people either admire or obey him? It does not seem to have occurred to the POTUS that the most intelligent choice would have been not to mention his intelligence at all.

You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • DLMDLM Frets: 2513
    Hmm. I still prefer this: https://www.reddit.com/r/holdmycosmo/
  • CabbageCatCabbageCat Frets: 5549
    Is that site for real?

By either scale, my IQ is slightly too low to qualify for MENSA. Luckily, I am not vain enough to ask to take the entrance examination.

One of the advantages of being of above average intelligence is the realisation that it is not much of an advantage. If anything, it has an isolating effect. Most of the people one encounters will be of a lower IQ. Some attempts to communicate might fail, leading to frustration on all sides.

Another advantage of being of above average intelligence is that it should enable one to realise that boasting about a high IQ is a good way to piss off a lot of people in short order. The obvious example of recent times is Donald Trump. He boasted many times of his high intelligence. Perhaps, he imagined that this would make other people either admire or obey him? It does not seem to have occurred to the POTUS that the most intelligent choice would have been not to mention his intelligence at all.

I can think of another example that is even more recent.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom