Australian GAS!

stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27105
edited August 2017 in FX
Had a bit of a good day on Monday. I was in Perth, on my own for the final day of my Australian trip. The rain was a bit biblical, so what else was I to do than find a guitar shop? 

As luck would have it I'd stumbled upon a great looking place, The Rock Inn, while looking for details on the Epiphone Century for that guitar's thread, so I jumped in a cab and headed north. After picking up a Japanese-made Ninevolt Surfing Bear in Osaka last year, I fancied seeing if they had anything Aussie-made that floated my boat. Turns out they had two...

I got a Selah Feather Drive, and an Anarchy Audio Gold Class Overdrive. Neither company has dealers in Europe and both are phenomenal.

The Gold Class is almost like a preamp, with a contour control going from a blackface sort of thing to a tweed sort of thing, which is really neat. It's quite subtle compared to a TS or even a Klon, but it's something I can see getting used a lot.

The Feather Drive is the complete opposite and FAR from subtle. It's a switchable OD with clipping modes that give tubescreamer, plexi and "diode lift" modes. It gives a really chewy harmonic sort of drive that I haven't got from other pedals before, with the switched modes giving different flavours but on the same theme.

And the best thing of all is they stack really really well. Not sure how this all plays out in conjunction with my Helix, but they're great pedals and sound brilliant into the Badcat.

All in all a good day!

Pics to follow!
The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• BigMonkaBigMonka Frets: 1778
    Wow! Sounds like a good use of your last day down under!
    Always be yourself! Unless you can be Batman, in which case always be Batman.
    My boss told me "dress for the job you want, not the job you have"... now I'm sat in a disciplinary meeting dressed as Batman.
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27105
    Yeah, bloody marvellous, even though i got drenched!

Im enjoying looking for locally-built gear, though I'll have to carefully plan where to go next..!
    Pictures!

iPad anot playing ball. Trying again... 

• GassageGassage Frets: 30928
    And to think, the only thing the Aussies have ever really invented before this was the Rotary Clothes Line.

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

• DominicDominic Frets: 16103
    And that terrible drink called Fosters ( because it is nothing like any other beer ever invented )
    I didn't see Fosters on offer anywhere the whole time. Smart people the Aussies - they keep their good stuff for themselves
  • english_bobenglish_bob Frets: 5158

Im enjoying looking for locally-built gear, though I'll have to carefully plan where to go next..!

US Pacific Northwest would be the obvious choice.

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.