SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Ibanez FRM100 Fireman

What's Hot

Ibanez fireman FRM100

Paul Gilbert signature model.
There are a couple of dings & signs of playwear, but it's all cosmetic- see photos.
The truss cover is missing too.  Otherwise it's is excellent condition, freshly set up with new strings etc.

It's a pretty unique guitar, the pickups are excellent & can cover stratty cleans to screaming leads.
Rolling off the tone gets a LP style warmth too. They're hum cancelling & don't get muddy with gain.
The neck isn't your typical Ibanez skinny effort, it's CHUNKY- Les Paul chunky. Phenomenally comfortable once you're used to it.
Here's a demo:
https://youtu.be/-ifBdkGSKhY

Spec:
24.75 scale length
Mahogany/maple/mahogany neck with rosewood fretboard.
Medium jumbo frets.
Set neck
Mahogany body.
TuneTight bridge & tailpiece.
Dimarzio injector bridge & neck pickups. Area 67 middle pickup. (£186 if bought separately)
Custom padded gigbag.

I'm looking for £400, cash on collection from Edinburgh please. (I've already had one BAD courier experience so am reluctant to post it). 

http://i.imgur.com/A73XRbw.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/Ru8UKiw.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/tVTtmEd.jpg
0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Here's Paul discussing the pickups:

The price is somewhat negotiable, offers/trades will be considered. I quite fancy something Hollow/Gretschy. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    Here's Paul discussing the pickups:

The price is somewhat negotiable, offers/trades will be considered. I quite fancy something Hollow/Gretschy. 
    What a guy!
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

• Price drop. £385
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Bump. Someone must want this unique beast. 
  • Another bump. Offers will be considered. 
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14463
    I like the big neck on the FRM-100. Not everybody does. I bought one from an acquaintance when he was strapped for cash. I was mightily relieved when he eventually bought it back. There aren't many Pablo freaks in my area. They are usually fixated on his most recent signature model. The previous one becomes difficult to shift.

GLWS
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • I like the big neck on the FRM-100. Not everybody does. I bought one from an acquaintance when he was strapped for cash. I was mightily relieved when he eventually bought it back. There aren't many Pablo freaks in my area. They are usually fixated on his most recent signature model. The previous one becomes difficult to shift.

GLWS
     I've had lots of compliments on it & a few trade & distance offers but no cash yet. 

I really like it, but am trying to make some room. 
  • Bump. £375 Ono. 
  • Another bump & price drop. 
    £365
  • RoxRox Frets: 2147
    Another bump & price drop. 
    £365
    Christ almighty.  This is a gorgeous guitar.  I don't even know who Paul Gilbert is but, yowsers, it's a lovely looking thing...

• stimpsonslostsonstimpsonslostson Frets: 5419
    edited August 2017
    @Rox ;; said:
    Another bump & price drop. 
    £365
    Christ almighty.  This is a gorgeous guitar.  I don't even know who Paul Gilbert is but, yowsers, it's a lovely looking thing...

Cheers, I love the way it looks & plays, sadly due to growing children in a small flat I have to thin the collection out a bit  (I'm not gigging any more either so am trying to get down to 2 or three guitars).
    Paul is a phenomenal player from Racer X and Mr Big. I only really know him as the shred teacher on the Total Guitar tutorials. He comes across as a great guy in everything I've seen him in. The guitar is unusual enough that most people just see a cool guitar, they don't think "Paul Gilbert signature- he's a shredder"- I've used it for everything from Metallica to Clapton (I'm certainly NOT a shred player!
    Here's a great interview with Paul.

• EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16297
    I love some of Paul's stuff on YouTube, always disappointed in Mr Big stuff which makes me cringe. However, I love the look of that guitar. Not sure how I could get a round trip to Edinburgh and another guitar past MrsTheWeary but if I could I would. Seriously lovely for that money, GLWTS :smile: 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • hairboyhairboy Frets: 4
    Love the guitar, but there's no way I can drive to Edinburgh  I know you said you'd had a bad experience with a courier, but with correct packaging, it should be ok with good couriers. There's a thread in recommended couriers here  Let me know if you change your mind, as I'd be very likely to be persuaded with this guitar.

• Thanks for the messages guys, I'm going to hold off couriering it a while longer-term I had an LP in a good hard case broken once so I'm pretty wary. 

It's now up on gumtree too for £355, so that's the asking price now. I can't afford for it to go much lower! (Besides, it looks awesome on my wall!)
  • hairboyhairboy Frets: 4
     No worries. GLWTS. I'll be waving my Paypal account should you change your mind ;)