Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

I got shot once...

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• crunchman said:
    I know there was a spate of District line train windows being shot out on the east end of the line (around Dagenham) a while back.
    I was on a train once when this happened. Horrible thing to do. I'm not sure if they used a gun or just threw a rock or something, but the noise was like a small bomb going off.  Luckily I was on the opposite side when it happened, but some passengers on the side of the impact did get some minor injuries, one guy got some glass in his eye and took himself to hospital. Its the more the shock of it than the physical injuries. When you've been sat on a train for ages at night you do go into a bit of a hypnotic state, then BOOM.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mikeyrob73mikeyrob73 Frets: 4671
    ICBM said:
    I had the back window of my car hit on the M8 near Airdrie once too. It didn't shatter the glass, but the impact mark was distinctive if you've seen one before. Probably either a low-powered gun or right at the end of its range.

This sort of thing - or more accurately the killing of a toddler, who was shot in the head with one - is why air weapons are now illegal without a licence in Scotland. As usual, fuckwits who can't use them responsibly making things a hassle for the others who can...
    thats Airdrie for you, i lived there for a while, fucking armpit of the earth 
  • EvilmagsEvilmags Frets: 5158
    ICBM said:
    I had the back window of my car hit on the M8 near Airdrie once too. It didn't shatter the glass, but the impact mark was distinctive if you've seen one before. Probably either a low-powered gun or right at the end of its range.

This sort of thing - or more accurately the killing of a toddler, who was shot in the head with one - is why air weapons are now illegal without a licence in Scotland. As usual, fuckwits who can't use them responsibly making things a hassle for the others who can...
    Driving through Ned central can often result in problems. Got shot as a kid by an airgun. Hurt like hell for 3 days. 
  • marantz1300marantz1300 Frets: 3107
    edited August 2017

I've been shot with a 2.2,stings a bit.

The flats the Op mentioned...

I use to live in them. Waterloo road. I thought it was a nice community .

• RobDaviesRobDavies Frets: 3067
    Got shot up the arse by what I think was an air rifle many years ago.  

Was holidaying on the Norfolk broads with an ex girlfriend.  We moored up in Coltishall and I went to the shop to get milk and bread.
    As I was walking along the road towards the shop, there was an audible crack and then searing pain in my bum cheek.  As I looked up, I saw a red cortina speeding away with a gun barrel being pulled back through a rear window. 

No blood but the bruising was amazing - my whole butt cheek went blue-black for weeks afterwards. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • IamnobodyIamnobody Frets: 6906
    Iamnobody said:
    Never underestimate how much people hate Emos!

Sounds very scary - it's a good story later on in life for the grandkids! You can embellish it as you please!
    That's not a healthy way to think about it. Unlikely to be a personal attack. More likely it was just bad luck, he was in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Has your sense of humour been left in bygone times along with the tone?  ;)

I know the written word can't always convey the spirit in which something is meant - but hopefully my overuse of exclamation marks at least suggested it was all tongue in cheek? 

Thanks for your concerns. However, my way way of looking at things is in the rudest of health thank you vey much...
    Previously known as stevebrum
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • I once shot a man in Reno. 
  • speshul91speshul91 Frets: 1397
    My brother shot me in the arse with a .177 cleaning pellet, that stung like fuck. 
  • speshul91 said:
    My brother shot me in the arse with a .177 cleaning pellet, that stung like fuck. 
    my cousin and his mate were fooling around shooting blu tack out of an air rifle my cousin lost an eye because of it...numpties.

I was once threatened to get shot once.. I hooked up with a girl in a nightclub and we went for food and then to get a taxi back to hers and 3 lads one of which had tried and failed to hook up with girl just started laying into me, I didn't retaliate nor run(which in the end won me brownie points with said girl).. anyways after the beating one bloke pulled out a bullet and said 'if you go to the police I have the gun to this and I will blow your fking face off'...

what was funny is the next day I was walking home from girls flat and bloke with bullet was at a bus stop, his look of shock was priceless when he seen my unbruised face and he ran off as I got closer.  later that night the bruises started to show and had a killer headache.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6394
    I once shot a man in Reno. 
    Was it just to watch him die ?
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • I got shot just driving along the motorway a couple of years ago. Going through Manchester, M602 I think. Smashed my rear passenger window.
    In Salford that's classed as "playing out".....

• 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7343
    # Shot thru the heart and you're to blame...#
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
    I was shot with a nail gun once, I know because I looked down and it was stuck in my leg. One of those bent over double point ones. I was walking down a quiet street in Worcester at the time and didn't hang around to find out where it had come from.
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BigMonkaBigMonka Frets: 1779
    ICBM said:

I think this thread gives a good indication of why they should all need a licence, I see no reason that people should be able to buy weapons like this without any need/justification/vetting.
    Always be yourself! Unless you can be Batman, in which case always be Batman.
    My boss told me "dress for the job you want, not the job you have"... now I'm sat in a disciplinary meeting dressed as Batman.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24581
    57Deluxe said:
    # Shot thru the heart and you're to blame...#
    # You give the fretboard a bad name...#
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom