fender deluxe vintage strap

What's Hot
https://www.pmtonline.co.uk/fender-deluxe-vintage-strap-black-leather?utm_source=google&utm_medium=shopping&gclid=Cj0KCQjwtpDMBRC4ARIsADhz5O7VfjPeAy_LaCro5OomMXwOeykxpA3zXFuPdOP-fwtYCRSCckt-E9MaAgOREALw_wcB

has anyone owned one of these before? i did have a custom shop strap that unless your 6' 4 you have to wear the guitar at your knees.

are there any other straps worth looking at in this style that you can wear your guitar in a good playing position.

I'm 5' 9
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• steersteer Frets: 1196
    edited August 2017
    Are plain leather straps not easy to find? My Levys one will work with someone of average height. 
  • There's plenty around but I don't want to buy them and find out they are all too long. So levys are good? 
  • chrisj1602chrisj1602 Frets: 3992
    If I wanted a leather strap I'd get another Bear strap, it was great and he made a custom length for me at no extra cost.
  • GavRichListGavRichList Frets: 7199
    They're fine for those of distinctly average height. im 5ft 9", and they were ok for me length wise, and I play guitar relatively high up. Don't use them though, the thin bit annoys me. 
  • TonyRTonyR Frets: 908
    I'm 5' 8" and all of my straps are Levy's ones.

In true Yorkshire style I haven't paid full price for one yet!

They can be had on Amazon for bargain basement prices from time to time.
    We are all Chameleons...
  • thermionicthermionic Frets: 9671
    The strap in the OP looks identical to the Rickenbacker ones. I bought one to go with my 330 recently, and I was rather disappointed. They look cool but the thin bit feels very insubstantial.
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7344
    I have an original that came with my case candy in 1975 even though the Strat came in a cardboard box! Sadly it seems to have shrunk over the years to now make me look like I am playing my Strat in a Haircut 100 tribute band...

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/L6omzK2jiOE/maxresdefault.jpg
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
    According to the spec, it weighs 0,0000 although it doesn't say if that's metric or imperial.
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30306
    It's hard keeping the shoulder pad where it's meant to be with those classic type straps.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • underdogunderdog Frets: 8334
    I'm only 5ft 10 but I've never bought a (leather) strap that's too long, I find that universally they are a good 4inchs too short.
  • ricorico Frets: 1220
    I use those straps, no issues with length (chortle) and I think they look cool as fuck. 
  • AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    I've got the Fender Ball Glove leather strap on my strat. 
    It's the black and white one.
    It's beautiful quality, it was £37.
    I thought it might be a bit "Meh" but it's not it's a proper nice addition to the guitar without being tacky.
    I'm 6 ft,  it's on the second to last 'slot' and it sits fairly low like that. I have the strings at waist height and tilt the neck up a bit when I'm playing. It will go 'Too low' if I put it on the last position so unless that's what you want it'll be long enough and any mid height position it's easily capable of.

It was between this and the 'Road worn' model for me but my strat is Olympic white with black plastics and this looks like it was designed for my guitar.

Highly recommended. 
  • Alnico said:
    I've got the Fender Ball Glove leather strap on my strat. 
    It's the black and white one.
    It's beautiful quality, it was £37.
    I thought it might be a bit "Meh" but it's not it's a proper nice addition to the guitar without being tacky.
    I'm 6 ft,  it's on the second to last 'slot' and it sits fairly low like that. I have the strings at waist height and tilt the neck up a bit when I'm playing. It will go 'Too low' if I put it on the last position so unless that's what you want it'll be long enough and any mid height position it's easily capable of.

It was between this and the 'Road worn' model for me but my strat is Olympic white with black plastics and this looks like it was designed for my guitar.

Highly recommended. 
    Yeah just looked at them! Looks very nice

• thanks for the other comments. So you by the sounds of it the fender ones should be worth a shot! Should be ok for for my height
  • GoldenEraGuitarsGoldenEraGuitars Frets: 8825
    tFB Trader
    Check out heistercamp and air straps too.
  • AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30306
    Those Fender straps don't have enough sustain for my liking.
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7344
    edited August 2017
    /\ yes they do! - they hang around for ages...
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>