Do you find Chorus pedals dirty up a bit?

What's Hot
skunkwerxskunkwerx Frets: 6881
Recently got a Tone City angel wing, and I like it! 

I do find theres a bit of a volume boost when using it though, especially as the level knob is turned up. 

But I noticed, particularly with chords and chords higher up the neck that it seems to dirty up the clean channel a little. Like its added some crunch. 

Using with humbuckers, and on the neck pickup for clean tones. The pedal is in front of the amp as I don't have an fx loop. 

Wondering if its normal ish. Not much experience with modulation/chorus. 

Cheers all
The only easy day, was yesterday...
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    Depending on the pedal, some give a little extra kick into the amp giving a bit of crunch. 

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• skunkwerxskunkwerx Frets: 6881
    Ah sweet, hoped it wasnt just my amp or pedal not playing ball! 
    The only easy day, was yesterday...
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30291
    Not sure I'd describe chorus as 'dirtying up' your sound, I think of it more as 'ruining' your sound.
     :) 
    1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • english_bobenglish_bob Frets: 5158
    Sassafras said:
    Not sure I'd describe chorus as 'dirtying up' your sound, I think of it more as 'ruining' your sound.
     :) 

I have some sympathy with this view, but I do think that chorus in front of a crunchy amp (eg. Bauhaus' "She's In Parties") is a much better sound than chorus after distortion, or on a super squeaky-clean tone (80s arena rock)

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.

• mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    Chorus is easy to over do, my Microchorus never goes beyond 1/3rd of maximum. And is before any dirt.

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21)