Belle Epoch Deluxe Gas

What's Hot
builttospillbuilttospill Frets: 457
Is anyone else gassing for the deluxe? I certainly am. Or shall I stick with getting a regular Belle Epoch and hope that the prices come down a little?
It looks and sounds stunning. I already have a BB DMM so not sure I really need those DMM features but I'll be utilising those EP-3 settings.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• GrunfeldGrunfeld Frets: 4038
    I'd love one.
    Board space is the only reason I can't have one and I'm keeping the regular BE -- which to be fair remains a wonderful pedal.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • DopesickDopesick Frets: 1509
    I want one, but the price puts me off slightly. Just waiting for a ruddy release date over these parts.
  • No.Toms Guitars and Sounds Great Music may have them in stock very soon
  • -NFM--NFM- Frets: 10
    Dopesick said:
    I want one, but the price puts me off slightly. Just waiting for a ruddy release date over these parts.
    Could be a while - they're fully sold out everywhere it seems in the US (was maybe going to have a friend bring me one back!) and they generally get the first orders then Catalinbread sends on some to their EU/EMEA distributors (or however they deal with trading over here!) in the next run iirc, as I waited a while for one of their pedals a couple of years ago and got quite a few months of 'coming soon' from local guitar store!

TBH I regret selling selling my regular Belle Epoch though & if people start buying deluxe ones... well I think I'd be happy enough with picking up a secondhand regular one! I'd buy a new one in a heartbeat, but as a rule if its a 'rebuy' situation I just feel better psychologically buying used!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • DanRDanR Frets: 1041
    Anyone on here got one yet.

I'm trying to stop myself buying one so I need someone to extrole the virtues of why I should get one asap.
  • Is anyone else gassing for the deluxe? I certainly am. Or shall I stick with getting a regular Belle Epoch and hope that the prices come down a little?
    It looks and sounds stunning. I already have a BB DMM so not sure I really need those DMM features but I'll be utilising those EP-3 settings.
    I really want one, but it means I'd also have to upgrade to an isolated PSU from my current (no pun intended) Diago daisychain. Would allow me to set up a brilliant nano board though - Dickinson boost, liquid sunshine running 18v, Frantone Vibutron and Belle Epoch Deluxe all powered by Cioks DC5 on PT Nano+
  • GrunfeldGrunfeld Frets: 4038
    DanR said:
    Anyone on here got one yet.

There's one on the classifieds at the moment.
    I'd have it in a jiffy if I had the real estate but I don't.
    But I really love small BE pedal.  Really love it.  With the caveat that it sounds way better (I think) at gig volumes in a live mix than in a bedroom.  It's such a great gig echo.  I'm assuming the Deluxe is a great gig echo deluxe!
  • Moe_ZambeekMoe_Zambeek Frets: 3423
    edited September 2017
    They're available new at Guitarfxdirect now, i see. Too big for me I think.
  • I really love the standard belle epoch but is the deluxe going to push my big box memory man off my small board
  • So has anyone played one yet? 
    I've had mine for a few days now (the one that Waz linked to in the classifieds here), and finally got an expression pedal for it yesterday.  Trying to avoid that new-pedal-gush that accompanies a purchase like this, but it does sound fantastic.  The only one of the 6 modes I'm not that bothered with is the Leslie-ish one...the other five are lovely.  The dark,analog -oiced one is delicious, and the DMM-based ones nail the modulation.

Need to give it some more play time before writing at more length, but suffice to say, if you like tape delay sounds, you really won't be disappointed.
    New fangled trading feedback link right here!
    I've had mine for a few days now (the one that Waz linked to in the classifieds here), and finally got an expression pedal for it yesterday.  Trying to avoid that new-pedal-gush that accompanies a purchase like this, but it does sound fantastic.  The only one of the 6 modes I'm not that bothered with is the Leslie-ish one...the other five are lovely.  The dark,analog -oiced one is delicious, and the DMM-based ones nail the modulation.

Need to give it some more play time before writing at more length, but suffice to say, if you like tape delay sounds, you really won't be disappointed.
    Thanks @DarnWeight I'm intrigued!