Creative energies

What's Hot
Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
Are creative energies a real thing, or is it a superstition that we use to justify why sometimes we're good and sometimes we're crap?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• RoxRox Frets: 2147
    I reckon it's real.  Some days you'll be pursuing a creative endeavour and everything clicks into place.  Other days it's like you're playing / writing / drawing with your brain in backwards.

You have to be in that mindset that day, and if that's creative energy then it absolutely exists.  :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • AlexCAlexC Frets: 2396
    I think it's real. I work in the 'creative media' for a living and some people call it 'being in the zone.' I guess it's the difference - as an extreme example - to going through the motions or being on fire.
  • JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6088
    It's a real thing and there is ebb and flow. The trick is to amass skills to carry you through the lean times and to help spark creativity in the good.
  • frank1985frank1985 Frets: 523
    edited August 2017
    The key is getting out of your own way - that is to stop thinking - go for a long walk, smoke some weed, meditate or whatever. 
  • PolarityManPolarityMan Frets: 7295
    I'm not sure. There's definitely a skill to it in that you get more consistently good results when you are doing it frequently but on the other hand that doesn't explain those occurrences when like a whole song just drops out in half an hour start to finish.
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ