Ibanez. Prestige v Premium?

What's Hot
124»

Comments

• DLMDLM Frets: 2513
    @LeeCassidy I'll try that next time my singed wang grommets go floppy and report back! :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DLM said:
    @LeeCassidy I'll try that next time my singed wang grommets go floppy and report back! :)
    If that happens, you can keep that to yourself, you filthy son of a biscuit!
  • GarthyGarthy Frets: 2268
    DLM said:
    Nobody wants a floppy wanger.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    edited February 2018
    Garthy said:
    DLM said:
    @LeeCassidy I'll try that next time my singed wang grommets go floppy and report back!
    Nobody wants a floppy wanger.
    I was going to try painting some thinners on mine to see if the surface of it would react with the thinners and maybe get a bit fatter.

It might not work but I'll try it and report back.

EDIT: I am actually serious. I thought about this today. I reckon if something makes the vinyl react and bubble a bit or change shape a bit, it could prove to be a long-term fix for this
  • AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    Spoke to a mate who's a mechanic and showed him the problem.
    He said wrap electrical tape around the groove where the nylon bush sits so it will be the thickness of the tape more when you re-insert the arm. As they're a C shape, they're just losing natural tension, not wearing out as such. The surface isn't wearing so just expand them from the inside with something like tape. Different tapes are different thickness' so just experiment with a few types but after speaking to him, I don't see why this won't work.

I'm cleaning up and restringing my RG tomorrow.
    I'll give this a go and take some photos.
    DLM said:
    If that happens, you can keep that to yourself, you filthy son of a biscuit!
    @LeeCassidy It works great! :naughty:
  • drwiddlydrwiddly Frets: 918
    I've never found electrical rape that's thin enough to allow the arm to be re-inserted. The only tape that works is the PTFE tape that plumbers use for wrapping tap threads, etc
  • drwiddly said:
    I've never found electrical rape that's thin enough to allow the arm to be re-inserted. The only tape that works is the PTFE tape that plumbers use for wrapping tap threads, etc
    This most terrifying and depraved post this board has ever seen.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • 2003amxl said:
    drwiddly said:
    Given some of the fellow electricians I’ve worked with on site, this post does not surprise me in the least. 
    " Why does it smell of bum?" Mrs Professorben.
    This will be why Lee suggested the thin garotte-bagging material.
  • drwiddlydrwiddly Frets: 918
    edited October 2019
    2003amxl said:
    drwiddly said:
    You need to get out more!  :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom