Thoughts on the Slash Signature Les Paul

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    joeyowen said:
    I'm a big fan of slash, but he is a massive endorsement whore.

I fail to see why jobo gets it in the neck, and slash seems to escape it... A signature octave fuzz was a bit much for me 

Back on track, super nice guitar op! 
    Because Slash wrote and played on Appetite for Destruction, one of the most important rock records of all time. JoBo doesn't have a single song that most people could even hum, never mind name.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not comparing legacy etc... I just find it strange that slash gets no stick for the endless endorsements. 

To Bonomassa's credit, he's carrying a torch in a very difficult time for guitars and the endorsements probably help fund it. However, I only know one song so the point is taken. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • BucketBucket Frets: 7751
    Back on track - the OP's Les Paul looks very nice indeed.
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • underdogunderdog Frets: 8334
    edited August 2017
    Where's this firebird sig? Google is giving me nothing 

Only picture I can find so far, it's an aged trans white 

Looks like all the guitars are hand signed and numbered, as are the certificates, so these are not going to be cheap but will probably still sell out on weeks.

https://m.facebook.com/slashsguitars/photos/pcb.1523428267722470/1523427177722579/?type=3&source=49&__tn__=EH-R
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • underdogunderdog Frets: 8334
    edited August 2017
    Found a decent picture of the firebird

Edit: fucking stupid forum software and pictures on mobile site is shit.

It's on g n r twitter if anyone wants to see it 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • hantin.w said:
    So I bought one of these a while back (http://www.gibson.com/Products/Electric-Guitars/Les-Paul/Gibson-Custom/Slash-Les-Paul/Features.aspx)  but unfortunately due to, well, life happening (!) it simply hasn't been played as much as it deserves to be.

What are your thoughts on this model, relative to all the other Slash Signature models. I've always loved the understated looks of this model and how it go with function over form.

Long story short, want to get your thoughts on the "value" of these going forward as I might be looking to sell it off if it's the right time. Great instrument like this deserves to get played and I must admit, the older I've gotten I think I now prefer Tele's!

Thoughts on a postcard.

Cheers,

Will

Hi Will I was wondering if you'd managed to sell this guitar. If yes, could you let me know for how much it went? if not, well... what's your price? ;-)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I had one of these they sell for between 2.5 - 2.9k. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom