SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTB Vigier

What's Hot
Hello,

I am looking for a Vigier Supra or Bfoot. Any offers ? :)

Leo
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• yuri_1973yuri_1973 Frets: 101
    Have you seen my Vigier Excalibur Original ad?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RiffboyRiffboy Frets: 5
    Yeah, a bit pricy and I am trying to avoid Floyds...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ChalkyChalky Frets: 6811
    Any interest in a Vigier Expert?  Looks just like this pic I just Googled:
    https://goo.gl/images/Rbqs5p
    Maybe, what are the specs ? I can't see the image, what's the colour ?
  • ElwoodElwood Frets: 454
    edited August 2017
  • ChalkyChalky Frets: 6811
    It is Antique Violin with maple fretboard and SSS format  Dimarzio single coils.  See the Vigier website for more specs.

http://www.vigierguitars.com/page/fiche_produit.php?id_prod=273
    Hey sorry I think I would prefer the Seymour Duncan of a Supra
  • wizbit81wizbit81 Frets: 445
    Just a friendly opinion which I think this site is all about.....I think you'd be better served with something else, like a Suhr or a Tom Anderson. My thoughts on Vigier is that they play great and build quality is exemplary, but they don't sound good. No character, and mine both sounded thin. Excalibur and Shawn Lane Master Build were my two. If you're set on one feel free to ignore me, but just thought I'd stick my 2 cents in, wanted or not :D
    No I appreciate the advice. I never tried a Tom Anderson but yes I would definitely go for a Suhr if I had the money. I currently have a Ibanez PGM401 and a MusicMan Majesty but I wanted to try something new. I always loved the sound of Christophe Godin so a Vigier seemed relevant. 
    I am also interested in Gibson ES335 and Fender SRV. Yes, I know it's very diversified :)
  • RevMattRevMatt Frets: 835
    To offer an alternative perspective, the Excalibur Ultra Blues I previously owned was one of the best Strat types I've ever played. Probably shouldn't have sold it... To offer something entirely different I have a lovely Patrick Eggle Berlin Pro that I may sell - it's a single/ single / humbucker model with a hardtail bridge For a set neck, mahogany / maple body guitar it's very versatile with some good single coil sounds.
  • prlgmnrprlgmnr Frets: 3990
    edited August 2017
    I think my Excalibur special sounds great, fwiw. Not hit it off with any Suhr I've played. Not tried an Anderson.
    I believe supras and specials have dimarzios, while originals and customs (floyded) have seymours.
    Only very recently supraas (double a) have the amber pickups
    Having owned many guitars, imho, definitely the best guitars I've touched (including suhrs)
  • I've got a supra and it indeed came with a Di Marzio Paf Pro at the neck, an FS1 in the middle and a Tone Zone in at the bridge.
    My bad, Christophe Godin's indeed has Dimarzios ! https://en.euroguitar.com/christophe-godin_22019.html

However, I thought that if I wanted a strat sound I would probably go directly for Fender guitars. I guess the sound I love is from the chopper / tonezone combination as it's the same as Bumblefoot
  • thetomskthetomsk Frets: 98
    If you're looking at a Tom Anderson, I've got a hollow drop top classic s from 2010 that I'll be listing at some point for 1700
    Haha guys, stop trying to convince me to buy another brand ! As a French guy, I am very hurt to see how Vigier are considered in the UK !
  • thetomskthetomsk Frets: 98
    I really want one but the only one I've played was a surfretter...didnt go so well in the music shop...
  • JDEJDE Frets: 1092
    Riffboy said:
    Haha guys, stop trying to convince me to buy another brand ! As a French guy, I am very hurt to see how Vigier are considered in the UK !
    As a Francophile, I love Vigiers. Don't take it to heart! I'd kill for an Excalibur but want a maple board and would have to sell too much of my other gear to fund it.
    Riffboy said:
    Well said mate !
    Only people who don't give a shit about resale value (and in some cases aesthetics) can appreciate Vigier's absolute superiority