SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

All done and sold, thanks- My 'please help me buy a dream guitar" sale of guitars

What's Hot
dazzajldazzajl Frets: 5761
edited August 2017 in Guitars £
I have a few guitars that I'm putting up for sale to free up some cash and space for something very special. The prices are all set for a quick sale, hopefully you'll all agree. I'm a little south of Swindon and very happy for folks to come to see and play.

There is a gallery with some more shots of each listed here https://www.dropbox.com/sh/kcqwfbodo4glt63/AAAI28FXgiFIgoXuyER1Y2oia?dl=0

First up, my Gibson Les Paul - 2016 Studio Faded Ebony.

https://preview.ibb.co/mV07SF/IMG_8310.jpg

I bought this because I fell in love with the feel of the nice chunky, satin finish neck. I'm not a huge fan of all the polish and bling of those higher up the food chain, so this is all that a Les Paul should feel and sound like in a beautiful looking finish. One that also leaves the feel of the wood under your hands. I have the (more than slightly alarming to see a LP in) soft case, along with the little bag of tools and bits but the guitar lives in a Hiscox hard case that's all included. £400 of your hard earned please.

I do also have the original box, so I could box the guitar up and ship the hard case along side if needed. Oh and that lovely AC15 Twin is up for sale in the Amps section too...

Next up, a Squier Bass VI

https://preview.ibb.co/jDbiZv/Full_Size_Render_3.jpg

It has the Staytrem bridge upgrade and is in mostly great condition.... except there is a nice 'crunch' on the rear that you can see in the pics. It's been lacquered over by its previous owner and hasn't changed in the two years or so that it's been with me. Apart from that it's in really nice condition all over and all works just as it should. Even the trem, with the looooooongest arm in the world gives a good old flutter and returns to tune nicely. 

Currently it's strung for A to A, with Circle K strings so more baritone than bass territory. I changed this to E to E when I bought it as I thought lower must be better and changed it back to A to A almost immediately. This way it just thrums magically when you play chords and sounds utterly wonderful. £200 for this beautifully mellow beastie

Third on todays list of lovelies is a Revelation 12 String

https://preview.ibb.co/e1PRnF/IMG_8291.jpg

This is the well known cheap and really ever so cheerful way into the superb jangle of the electric 12 string. It was intended for use with my band but because we're not really too heavy on finesse, it's only ever been used at home. Pretty much in new condition and surprisingly well put together. The neck is really nice to play and even the frets and binding show some nice attention to detail and finishing. The rotary switch on the top bout offers several variations of pickup phasing or some such. They may do good things for you but I have to say, I put it on full jangle on day one and every time I've tried them again, felt the same. But the knob does go well if you play it with a Vox, so there's that. £150

Last on my list today, something a little different.

A Gretsch G9230 Bobtail Squareneck resonator.

This is actually with a friend at the mo, so I'll put up some pics when I get the chance but it's this one http://www.gretschguitars.com/gear/collection/roots/g9230-bobtail-square-neck-resonator-guitar-spider-cone-2-color-sunburst

Heaps of fun and as all the reviews will tell you, has a very nice pickup on board too. It comes in a nice padded bag and with a good quality Dunlop tone bar. £300

That's the lot, thanks for taking a look. Off to list the AC15 now.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Shark_EyesShark_Eyes Frets: 377
    Pm'd
  • Great prices! Your pics aren't working on my mobile - though they're accessible via the Dropbox link.
  • dazzajldazzajl Frets: 5761
    Great prices! Your pics aren't working on my mobile - though they're accessible via the Dropbox link.
    Thanks, I thought I could direct link from my dropbox folder. Apparently not. I think I've put them somewhere that works now?
  • TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 7878
    Put them on Imgur. Easy peasey. 

Here are some photos of the Gretsch Dobro.  It's 'resting' at Marlin Towers. 

https://imgur.com/a/BSRKh

Marlin ;)

The 12 string is all but sold, pending me sending details and doing the boxing. 

The Bass VI on hold pending a meet and look over on Sunday. 

And thanks to everyone who's been in touch so far 
  • musicman100musicman100 Frets: 1739
    More importantly what's the very special guitar that your wanting?

Good luck raising the cash 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • More importantly what's the very special guitar that your wanting?

Good luck raising the cash 
    Yes indeed, please share. GLWS!
    Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
    edited August 2017
    Thanks to all that have bought, asked or just showed any interest so far.

I didn't want to say anything before a deal was actually done and it's too late in the day for pics and a NGD post but here's a little macro snap of the back of the headstock. Should explain quite a bit to anyone interested in these particular beasties. 

Safe to say, one very excited puppy.

Ok, old dog. 

https://preview.ibb.co/e7DGPv/IMG_8929.jpg
  • dazzajl said:
    Thanks to all that have bought, asked or just showed any interest so far.

I didn't want to say anything before a deal was actually done and it's too late in the day for pics and a NGD post but here's a little macro snap of the back of the headstock. Should explain quite a bit to anyone interested in these particular beasties. 

Safe to say, one very excited puppy.

Ok, old dog. 

https://preview.ibb.co/e7DGPv/IMG_8929.jpg
    Gretsch Custom Shop USA Masterbuilt Stephen Stern Relic make, SS is a senior master builder when he was in John Page era Fender Custom Shop!  
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Yup, still no NGD thread as I've not had a chance to get on the computer but a Gretsch G6118tcst, like this one 

http://s553.photobucket.com/user/jdwright6/media/5inventory/DG2594 Gretsch 125th Ann G6118T Smoke Green/Gretsch 125th Anniversary G6118T Smoke Green DG2594 2_zpsvwjr83k5.jpg.html

But anyway, if people wanted to be dazzled by the beauty of the Les Paul still for sale, at a great price with its hard case, that'd be great. :)
    A little house keeping, the Bass VI has gone to its new home with the utterly delightful and devilishly handsome @Shark_Eyes, I hope you enjoy it sir. 
  • LozboyLozboy Frets: 80
    Look forward to the NGD.I have always been interested in the Gretsch CS range.
    Nice new Sunday treat anyone?? 
    Okay, I'll take £350 for the LP from anyone who can put the cash in my sticky fingers or bank account by end of tomorrow and if no ones attracted to that, I'll just keep it. 

That seems a great price to me for a real Gibson that sounds and feels exactly like a Les Paul should do. And in a case too. :)
  • Jack_Jack_ Frets: 3175
    edited August 2017
    Where are located specifically?

Delivery price and collection price the same?
    Jack_ said:
    Where are located specifically?

Delivery price and collection price the same?
    I'm south of Swindon, near Broad Hinton

And at that price, definitely postage (at cost) on top I'm afraid 

You're very welcome to come play it and see how you feel. Will not only hold you under no obligation but also offer coffee and a biccy ;)
  • DrCorneliusDrCornelius Frets: 7203
    Blimey that's a good deal for someone, best of luck.
  • DrCorneliusDrCornelius Frets: 7203
    I've PMd you dazz as unless someone is missing out on their dream guitar then I'll take a whirl with this, I'm selling a few guitars and amps at the moment to raise some cash and this can be my reward for being a good boy.

• gubblegubble Frets: 1746
    Dag Nabbit hope I'm not too late for the Lester - literally started looking for one this afternoon
  • mikeyrob73mikeyrob73 Frets: 4671
    Bargain there @DrCornelius ;