Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Suggest a good begginer 'pack'

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• VeganicVeganic Frets: 673
    Sassafras said:
    Not sure I'd go for an amp with a load of built-in effects. Aren't they more of a distraction if you're just starting out?
    I would say they are much better than not having them.  

Then again I would say look at Thomann.de and get a cheap tele shape (maybe with humbuckers) with definitely NO tremolo so YMMV etc...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • SparkySparky Frets: 90
    Choices are good to start with. That way, you can decide what you really like and focus your next spending spree on something that is less of a 'jack of all trades'.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I think that one needs a multi-FX to get it out of their system - I was fully into crazy sounds when I started playing but now I'm very, very happy with just a drive, compressor, delay and reverb.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • SparkySparky Frets: 90
    I think that one needs a multi-FX to get it out of their system - I was fully into crazy sounds when I started playing but now I'm very, very happy with just a drive, compressor, delay and reverb.
    Same here. I'm a simple man.
  • Right, I'll come at it from a different angle. I see what your influences are and it's indie rock n roll essentially. Not to say that these guys don't play strats at some point but look at getting an Epiphone Les Paul. Pick the colour you like most and then buy a Zoom G1 pedal and lead. Read the pedal manual and then set up with just an amp cab sim and maybe a touch of reverb. Have a decent set of headphones. It'll probably break your budget slightly but if you're inspired, then you'll want to pick up the guitar again and again and that silent practice without distraction will be a great starting point. If you're practicing at home, there really is little need for an amp at the earliest of stages.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Your location is listed as Glasgow, there's a HUGE and very active guitars for sale group on facebook that you could join. Beware of the endless temptation of new shiny things EVERY day. It's a closed group so you have to join to look/post but I like it and have had success buying and selling there.
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/358559090891321/

If you're ever in Edinburgh (for the festival perhaps?) I have an old Squier Champ G15 amp and a lead you could just take to get you started. Its basic, but works.

Then you'd just be looking for a guitar (& effects?- If you want to go down this road I'd echo @chickenchaser ;I quite like the Zoom G1xon as a way of getting into effects etc, it's cheap, simple to use, can take headphones and has drums and looper built in).
  • VeganicVeganic Frets: 673
    edited August 2017
    Http://www.thomann.de/gb/harley_benton_te_40_tbk_bundle_1.htm?o=9&search=1502380685

Not the amp I'd choose but it is a starter pack and I recommend it. 

You can overthink these things.