acoustic pickup help

dazzer22dazzer22 Frets: 44
http://imgur.com/a/wM7zS

Got this at a car boot its a mimesis acoustic pickup to go over the sound hole , I have not got a clue how to wire this up or what the metal screw thing is , If anyone can help would be very grateful .
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72598
    The metal screw thing is an endpin jack. You need to bore out the endpin hole in the guitar to 1/2" for this. There may be one nut and one washer missing that I can't see in the pic - they're the ones that fit under the round strap holder and go on the thinner threaded section.

If you want to fit a standard line socket so you don't have to permanently mount it in the guitar that may be easier. You need a stereo/TRS jack, like this https://www.kenable.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=9008. The connections are:

Bare copper wire - shield/sleeve
    White - signal, goes to the tip terminal
    Red - battery on, goes to the ring terminal

Hope that helps!

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14571
    edited August 2017
    ICBM said:
    There may be one nut and one washer missing that I can't see in the pic
    Also missing is some means of supporting the pickup's output cable inside the guitar, on its way to the output jack socket. Some brands supply self-adhesive folding clip/guide things. These prevent the cable from rattling against the top or the sides of the guitar body. They can be expensive because the adhesive is not supposed to mark or harm the tone woods.

It ought to be possible to download the manufacturer's installation instructions. If the task looks too involved, hand it over to a professional. 
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72598
    Funkfingers said:

Also missing is some means of supporting the pickup's output cable inside the guitar, on its way to the output jack socket. Some brands supply self-adhesive folding clip/guide things. These prevent the cable from rattling against the top or the sides of the guitar body. They can be expensive because the adhesive is not supposed to mark or harm the tone woods.
    I prefer to make the cable the right length so it hangs cleanly in the middle of the guitar and doesn't touch the sides - either by cutting it to the right length, or folding it and zip-tying it. I detest those clip things, they either stick so well they make maintenance difficult if it ever needs it, or they fall off. They are unfortunately necessary with some more complex pickup systems with several bits in different places though.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein