Anybody own a Tokai Japan TJ-60?

What's Hot
adamm82adamm82 Frets: 448
I've seen double cut in yellow and looks tremendous. 

an early 2000s model. 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• RigsbyRigsby Frets: 62
    edited August 2017

Yeah, I've got one. Japanese made in yellow. I think mine is mid 2000s. Got it used for around £500. I swapped out the pickup and put in a Bare Knuckle Supermassive. It's a fantastic guitar and has the best neck profile of any guitar I've ever owned or played for that matter.

• benecolbenecol Frets: 400
    I used to have one (had the Edwards version too): it was great.
  • adamm82adamm82 Frets: 448
    just found one on andertons used section so will be getting it saturday. can't wait i think it's a 2002 model.

I've wanted a double cut junior for years but never seem to find the right deal and doing a bit of reading I was sold on this. I will see how it compares to my gibson les paul junior single cut. 

I've always wanted to try a SD Antiquity P90 at some point I may put one in but will see how it sounds first. 
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • benecolbenecol Frets: 400
    I really liked the standard Tokai P90, fwiw. And I'm a serial changer of pickups.
  • Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2362
    adamm82 said:
    just found one on andertons used section so will be getting it saturday. can't wait i think it's a 2002 model.

I've wanted a double cut junior for years but never seem to find the right deal and doing a bit of reading I was sold on this. I will see how it compares to my gibson les paul junior single cut. 

I've always wanted to try a SD Antiquity P90 at some point I may put one in but will see how it sounds first. 
    Nice :D I've never owned one but I tried one in a shop around 10 years ago and it was great.
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7344
    Here's a pic for all you who don't know this model

http://gitarrentotal.ch/sites/default/files/TokaiTJ70YW1.jpg

I really fancy one of their SG jrs but is no chance of getting one from Japan now...

http://www.tokaiguitarsaustralia.com.au/images/guitars/tokai_sg_jnr_large.jpg
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>