PSA: New Suhrs at just over £2k

What's Hot
richhrichh Frets: 453
Guitar Guitar are clearing these: https://www.guitarguitar.co.uk/suhr/classic-pro/

Seems like a good price - though I don't know if this is equivalent to their 'full fat' ones or if they are some kind of second division model?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• AdamskiAdamski Frets: 1278
    They were £1699 under 2 yrs ago. I am actually pretty sure £2099 is their normal price! 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Camelizer for Chrome gives you a price history on Amazon, I can only hope we get one for Guitar shops too - it's a real difficult thing to keep track.
  • EpsilonEpsilon Frets: 626
    Yes that's the same price - not discounted to my knowledge.

Not sure what you mean by "full fat" (since getting rid of the Rasmus line they're all built in the same factory in USA) but I suppose they are at the cheaper end of the Suhr range. Played one a few weeks back and they are pretty flawless guitars!

My pet peeve with Suhrs is that they do gig bags rather than hard cases on all but the most expensive stuff. It's a good gig bag however for >£2k I'd expect a nice G&G hard case. Maybe that's old fashioned now.
  • richhrichh Frets: 453
    I thought that Suhr guitars were selling used for about £1700 and were closer to £3000 new - but maybe that is the higher end model?
  • Epsilon said:
     all but the most expensive stuff. It's a good gig bag however for >£2k I'd expect a nice G&G hard case. Maybe that's old fashioned now.
    ALL BUT THE MOST EXPENSIVE!?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Arktik83Arktik83 Frets: 431
    richh said:
    I thought that Suhr guitars were selling used for about £1700 and were closer to £3000 new - but maybe that is the higher end model?
    Yeah you're thinking of the top end modern Suhr's. 

Classic pro's are your intro to USA suhr's then you have the classic antique's that have some light relicing and the roasted maple necks and ML pickups and lastly you have the modern's and the carve tops.
  • They do 'Pros' in all shapes and sizes...the spec is fixed so that they can streamline production runs. The materials, parts, and fit & finish are all top notch.

I got a Classic Pro and a Classic T Pro over the last year or so...really solid workhorse instruments. The strat is in LPB which was a limited run...looks great. The SSCII is the icing on the cake ;)