NUX Cerberus - latest hat in the "fly rig" ring (+ MIDI, IRs etc)

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• mbembe Frets: 1840
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BGGBGG Frets: 689
    Two of my mates have just bought these and are loving them, playing straight into amps.
    #thebatesmotelband
  • Just came across this Pete Thorn demo of this...

I know PT makes everything sound good but this, well, sounds good. Does the fact that he demo'd it at all mean it is pretty decent?

Kind of fancy one...
  • LewisWLewisW Frets: 17
    Found one of these here: 

https://www.muziker.co.uk/nux-cerberus ;

Took a punt.. everything ive seen of it is pretty great... the idea of having it within my gigbag is so appealing, will report findings
  • LewisWLewisW Frets: 17
    Its arrived, had to order a plug as one wasnt supplied (bit lame) ... a few points.

I own a morning glory and a mi audio crunchbox .. so im very familiar with what this pedal is trying to emulate gain wise. I also have a timeline but honestly I use 3/4 sounds within it (multi delay for a core sound, quarter note, shimmer, reverse). im also playing a few musicman's (jp7/Axis p90/Silo SSS_ .. Im not a high gain player, more mid/high.

Headphones out - This was what you would expect... it works, its not amazing but if you just want to practice its ok.

Into a Kustom Solid State amp - To me, so so good - The overall sound has a good amount of bass and since theirs no overall EQ within this, it helped loads to be able to dial it in/out with amp EQ. The MG/bluebreaker is such a great sound, and the tone knob feels more like a presence knob to me, adding/taking away higher parts than an overall thinning/hollowness. 

The Angry Charlie side is again pretty great, its not as tight as the JHS version (Also had that) and maybe closer to the crunchbox. The more gain you put up the spongier it gets, which is fine for me. I think with a certain style of amp you can get there if you want a thump/chug but for lead its great. To be clear its by no means a mess, just not Metal.

My favourite is a mix of the both, the MG is pretty gained up with the AC side not with a ton of gain but roll the tone off and its a really nice 'singing' lead with some delay on.

Delay wise.. I have it on the 60's style which i think is the tape (Warm etc). It doesnt get in the way or shape the tone of the guitar which is great, the others are defiantly more trebley and seem better on cleaner settings.. this is a preference thing. There is a tap tempo switch on the unit.. always helpful

The Boost is pretty good, it defiantly adds some treble, but it helps it standout more, theres a ton on tap if you want it but my personal playing is clean, MG, MG+AC for Lead.

Other pluses, Its small - it fits in my mono gigbag with strap, 2 cables etc.. super happy about this.

I have yet to try it via my Mesa F-30 and out via PA so will add some more comments once this is done. It was also £230... and im at that point where I want less gear and to be a better player.. so after a bit longer I will see if all of that will be sold. 

So overall, very happy
  • Resurrecting this thread as I’ve just picked one of these up for a good price on eBay. This is for use into the front of a clean valve amp. 

The demos sound great to me so looking forward to getting it.

Is anyone on here still using one?