SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD: 2012 Gibson Les Paul '60s Tribute Goldtop with P90s

What's Hot
CirrusCirrus Frets: 8491
edited August 2017 in Guitars £
Here we have a Gibson '60s Tribute Les Paul, bought new from Guitar Guitar in 2012. At the time I fancied one of these but was in no particular rush, so I think in the end I tried five - two at Coda Music in Stevenage and three in a head-to-head through an AC30HW2 nice and loud in one of the sound booths at Guitar Guitar Birmingham. This was far and away the best playing and sounding of the lot - more sustain, better neck, and thicker/ richer tone through the amp.

Picture Gallery Here

It's been gigged and the finish is quite thin so there are some scuffs and wear as detailed in the photos. Also the neck pickup became microphonic at high gain after a couple of years so it's been replaced with an Oil City P90 - believe it was the Firewatch A4 as found on this page

The neck angle is quite steep which personally I love the feel of, so I've top-wrapped the strings over the tailpiece. Tuning stability is very good, decent sustain, and the neck plays fantastic using 11-48s a semitone down (believe it came with 10s in standard). I find the P90s really great gutsy pickups, fantastic for clean and gain.

So why am I selling it? Well, firstly the wife hates the colour, and that gets boring after a while. Secondly I'm after a Gretsch, which I could only really justify if I get rid of this. Finally because in practice it feels quite similar to my main guitar, an Explorer, I end up playing the same style on both instruments, stick with my #1, and this doesn't get the use it deserves.

For fear of being accused of self promotion, it features in this video my band did for our last single... and IMO is far and away the most attractive single object in the whole vid;

Not totally sure how to price this - can't find many examples to go off, it's discontinued and the new range is a bit different. So I'll put £500 out there as a starter.

Gibson Hardcase and gig bag included. No postage, no trades unless you've got one of the newer Gretsch Electromatic 5422 shapes. Collection in Birmingham, but happy to drive to meet you - just get in touch and we'll sort something out!

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• GassageGassage Frets: 30926
    Just watched the video.

The Gold Top can't be much good if you had the play to solo on an acoustic.

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • CirrusCirrus Frets: 8491
     =)  lol! The guy playing the acoustic's an ex-squaddie, plays in a punk band, lovely chap. Thanks for watching!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Cirrus said:
     =)  lol! The guy playing the acoustic's an ex-squaddie, plays in a punk band, lovely chap. Thanks for watching!
    Mate, blown away by it, genuinely. Superb.

• stainystainy Frets: 2
    Great stuff !!!
  • RMJRMJ Frets: 1274
    I.had a 50s version a while back. Sounded great
  • usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    Good price. If I didn't already own a very very similar guitar, I would have that!
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

Thanks all, Sunday bump  B)
  • Hi
    is this still available ?
    Hi @shaunglobal , yes it is.  B)
    Sold, thanks @shaunglobal  and also @Gassage for your kind help, much appreciated!  :)
    Josh, cheers man! Lovely to meet you. @shaunglobal has requested its safe keeping until he returns from sunning himself!