SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

*SORTED* WTB: Fender Strat (Mex/Jap preferably, don't have the budget for US!)

What's Hot
MattayusMattayus Frets: 122
edited August 2017 in Guitars £
God what's happened to the prices of these!? I remember a few years back you could get a Mexi strat for £250 all day long, and now it's considered a bargain if you get one under £400!

Anyway, if anybody has one at a sensible price, let me know. Not really fussed about colour, though white and tobacco burst are favourites of mine. Would ideally prefer a more modern spec (i.e. a 12" radius and larger frets).

Condition not a factor, if it's pretty beat up I'm all good with that.
Cheers!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• prowlaprowla Frets: 4942
    I'm about to put a MIM one up for sale, about £320; it's just waiting for a set of knobs.
    I'm in Berkshire.
  • MattayusMattayus Frets: 122
    @prowla Sounds good :) Got any pics? What's the spec? Is it all stock?
    edited August 2017
    Here's some pics.

When I got it, it had been modified with a different neck pickup, twin output jacks and VVT controls; I've replaced the neck pickup (with a Wilkinson one, which matches the sound really well), reverted it to the standard single jack and reinstated the VTT controls and 5-way switch.

It's had a Roland synth pickup on it at some point, so it's got a couple of holes near the bridge there.

I still need to put on new knobs (the ones on it don't match and are VVT); I've just got some in the post today, but they might be a little too aged/cream for it. I had toyed with changing the knobs & pickup covers to black, which I think would work.

You may also spot in the last picture that the edge of the nut by the bottom-E is missing; the string sits perfectly in place there, no issues, but it does need replacing too.

So, the current status is that I was planning to do those couple of bits (knobs & nut - probably a tenner in parts) before I posted it for sale, but I saw your ad and thought I'd let you take a look.

• ToneControlToneControl Frets: 11970
    A used Korean Lite Ash could be your best bet
    many are nicely upgraded too, and the stock pickups were ok I think

better than Mex, some are close to USA quality
    I have one that's nice, not for sale though
  • ellwoodellwood Frets: 1113
    edited August 2017
    I have a MIJ 62 Candy Apple Red, rosewood board. Definitely has some wear on it! £350 would do it. Let me know if you are interested and I'll sort pics.

Or I have a USA deluxe, hss, black with maple board. Needs a grey dress. £500 with a case (case has previous owner of the cases band logo sprayed on it)
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • EpsilonEpsilon Frets: 625
    All original 1984-87 MIJ strat in black? Comes with hard case and looking for £500.
    edited August 2017
    Thanks for the offers and comments gents!
    Not much of a budget I'm afraid, I'd say £350 is my absolute max as I've just picked up a rather rare Epiphone and upgraded/modded the crap out of it.

@prowler

Edit: oh... this portion of my post has disappeared for some reason... anyway I was going to ask if you'd sell at a reduced price without doing the work first? I'm a guitar tech so would do it all myself and probably have all the parts it needs anyway 
  • Hunt out a used Blue Label Fret King Super 60, smack bang in your price range and as good as a USA strat in my opinion.
    Mattayus said:

@prowla

Edit: oh... this portion of my post has disappeared for some reason... anyway I was going to ask if you'd sell at a reduced price without doing the work first? I'm a guitar tech so would do it all myself and probably have all the parts it needs anyway 
    Could do - what were you thinking?

Oh, and it's got a new set of Ernie Balls on it and plays well!
  • robwrightrobwright Frets: 738
    Got a very nice Korean Squier - E series and a great player. Looking for £200 so enough in your budget to install some shit hot pickups and piss all over a Mex! Just saying! 

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Thanks for all your offers and info gents but I'm off to go pick up a lovely white/maple MIM this afternoon! Cheers.