SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD

What's Hot
stonevibestonevibe Frets: 7157
edited November 2013 in Guitars £
I bought this not long ago and so it is absolutely mint. 

No bumps or scrapes at all. In fact I only peeled the plastic off the pickguard & pickups about a fortnight ago!

Have added a Fender Mustang bridge and a brand new set of D'addario 12 gauge string, so it sounds lovely and stays in tune beautifully.

Only reason I'm not bonding is that I am so used to Jazzmasters / Strats / Teles and this slightly shorter scale length is too short for me.

Only place I can now find that has some stock of these is Thomann and they are a £1053.49 on there, everyone else seems to have sold out in the UK.  Originally they were £1599 list in the UK. GAK have sold out and they were doing them for £899 last time they had them in.

Made In Japan and a limited run for 2012, so maybe one day it'll be collectable (or not), who knows...

Spec wise its an Alder body core with and Ash back, Black edge bound body on both back and top. Neck is 7.25" radius, bound rosewood fret board with vintage frets.

Honestly I would keep it, just I want something with a longer scale length as I have big hands and I am so used to 25.5" scale length guitars, so this is not getting much use from me at the moment.

Pics are pre-Mustang bridge. I will include original bridge as well, just in case you are a purist.

Win a Cort G250 SE Guitar in our Guitar Bomb Free UK Giveaway 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• That is bloody lovely!!
  • JookyChapJookyChap Frets: 4234
    Bugger, I hate this place, I'd done so well avoiding seeing those things..until now.

• stuagustuagu Frets: 334
    thats a looker!
  • DeijavooDeijavoo Frets: 3298
    I remember PMT had a sale on these and I nearly broke.....you tempt me now too!!  Argh....  good thing I have nothing to trade. 
  • dandldandl Frets: 36
    It seems I'm the opposite to you, I definitely prefer my Jag or my Jazzmaster. Probably because I have smaller hands :) I have a 94/95 Japanese Fender Jazzmaster in sunburst if its of any interest as a trade?
  • stonevibestonevibe Frets: 7157
    I have three Jazzmasters already, so not sure another one is what I really need to be honest. Any pics of it?
    Hi Stonevibe,

Sorry mate i misread your post, i thought you said you were looking for Jazzmasters. That'll teach me for speed reading!

Here's a pic, if you want any info or more pics let me know and i'll inbox you some. No probs if you have something similar already.

Cheers,

Dave

• meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10339

Sorry to hijack this thread but I would be very interested in your Jazzmaster Dandl, if the price was right :-)

Stonevibe, cant believe you are looking to move the guitar on. I find mine to have the best clean tone I have ever heard. Absolutely adore it.

This is a fantastic guitar, it has such a great sound and feel and you can get a great action on it too. I would highly recommend

The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    edited August 2013
    I was offered another Sunburst JM from 94 yesterday from a guy in Sweden via Offset guitars forum! Honestly not sure I need another Jazzmaster though as my 1970 one covers all bases really.

Turned down a US Strat as well today as agin it was sunburst. 

So mentally I think it is me and sunburst guitars in general maybe...?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • AdolfhipsterAdolfhipster Frets: 172
    edited August 2013
    Pmd
    No problem Stonevibe, im a bit like that with certain colours too!

It does look lovely, i'm sure you'll have a buyer in no time at all.
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28522
    That's so ludicrously awesome.

Swap for a G&L Legacy in LPB, with an SD Jazz and Custom 5?
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    Sporky said:
    That's so ludicrously awesome.

Swap for a G&L Legacy in LPB, with an SD Jazz and Custom 5?
     I have that pretty much covered with my other guitars, so I'll pass fella. Cheers for the offer though.
    Okay...

So I think in terms of trade I'm looking for something modern, Super Strat and with a HARD TAIL. (possibly trem, but ideally a hard tail) or maybe a PRS CE or similar.

Total departure from my usual, but I have an Ibanez RG550/JEM which gets played a lot, I just want the same sort of deal, but with a hard tail.

Had to think about this for a while as have been offered lots of nice US Strats and US/Japanese Jazzmasters for this guitar all this week.

BUT and it is a big but.

I already have all of those bases covered.

So to fill a 'gap' I reckon I need something modern and so this would make more sense.... I think?

edited September 2013
    Now for Sale only as I have picked up another guitar...

£675 

Paypal Gift, BACS or Cash on collection.

Shipping at cost via insured overnight delivery or you can arrange your own courier. I have some shipping cartons, so can be packaged up and ready for collection.

• Hi stonevibe, any interest in my gordon smith graduate slimline advertised on here?
  • Pmd
  • jimmyray said:
    Hi stonevibe, any interest in my gordon smith graduate slimline advertised on here?
    Hi fella, great guitar. However I'm sorted on that front as I own a Gibson DC Jnr and a PRS SE One which are both in this kind of ballpark.

Thank you for the offer though.
  • No problem mate, good luck with the sale.
  • Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7812
    I'm suffering the I-have-no-money-but-just-one-more-look-and-maybe-I'll-be-able-to-think-of-something blues - gorgeous guitar!
    "I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom