NVPD: The Guv'nor

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4725
    edited August 2017
    prowla said:
    Well, I've alsways considered the Marshall pedals to be at the budget end, ie. at a similar point to the Behringer ones.

Have I got it wrong?
    Don't confuse budget price with budget quality/tone. These pedals are built like Challenger Tanks, are massively under-rated, and the current Guv'nor2Plus is one of the best 'Marshall in a box' pedals out there even compared to some pedals costing 3 or 4 times as much.  
    I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72418
    Yes - while the switches aren't great, the rest of them is built far better than their price point suggests, and the sound of some of them is superb.

I think the GV-2 is one of the best Marshall-in-a-box pedals at any price.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JonathangusJonathangus Frets: 4542
    OK, in my 'introduce yourself' post, I said that my Guv'nor was my best bit of gear.  Dug it out, plugged some cables in, and... this:

So, the question is - who can help?  It would make sense to replace all the jacks, and possibly upgrade the switch at the same time.
    Trading feedback | How to embed images using Imgur

As for "when am I ready?"  You'll never be ready.  It works in reverse, you become ready by doing it.  - pmbomb

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom