Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Belated NGD

2»

Comments

• Nice looking LP, I always did have a soft spot for wine red.
    ( might have something to do with the falling down water of the same colour ! )

It would look great with black plastics, and the black exposed coils, and wouldn't cost much to swap them out either.

But I do have to say that the cream colour really suits it too IMO.
    You could always do both and swap when the mood takes you  ;)

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12387
    Neil said:

Aside from the Granadillo fingerboard any other differences between the Sig T and the Trad?

TBH not a lot that I can see. The specs are certainly close on paper... similar grade top, same pickups. The Traditional has a rosewood board and green tipped tuners. The Sig T has a granadillo board, (whatever that is), and locking Grovers. Apart from that there's not much in it.

• boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12387
    edited February 2014
    underdog said:
    Really nice guitar, keep the plastics but keep guard off, I liked the days when pickguard came in the case and holes hadn't been drilled in the guitar, now Gibson seem to fit them on all but plus tops and Sig models.

Having lived with it for a while, I think it does look better with the pickguard off. Agreed, the screwholes are a pain and I don't know why Gibson dont just leave the guard in the case and let the owner decide either.

The cream plastics are starting to grow on me, they do match the binding pretty nicely. I think they might just stay after all. Still going to change the TRC (why's it got a T on it anyway? What does that stand for ?) and put spam cans on I think.

• underdogunderdog Frets: 8334
    I think the T is for tribute, but not 100%. The Gibson write up mentions it's a tribute to Les the man and innovations on various models, but who knows.

I bought myself a Les Paul today too, this one doesn't come with a pick guard at all, not even in the case, thread to come when I take pics, I'm not sure it will be a popular one :D
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16735
    boogieman said:
    Neil said:

Aside from the Granadillo fingerboard any other differences between the Sig T and the Trad?

TBH not a lot that I can see. The specs are certainly close on paper... similar grade top, same pickups. The Traditional has a rosewood board and green tipped tuners. The Sig T has a granadillo board, (whatever that is), and locking Grovers. Apart from that there's not much in it.

Granadillo is a south american wood that has been used in musical instruments for years.   mainly as tone bars for percussion, but also used by some classical makers.  Its a bit like rosewood but denser and heavier, much more chimey.  It can look quite dull and has a brick red kinda colour, but its a good choice for a fretboard