Amp problem diagnosis please!

ricorico Frets: 1220
Warming up for a gig last night and my Ceriatone 2204 HW was not happy. Loud buzzing then the volume was fluctuating then pretty much no sound at all. At one point the master volume was not working but the pre-amp volume was if that is any help?

Luckily I had the foresight to bring the DSL401 as a spare!

Cheers!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72485
    rico said:
    Warming up for a gig last night and my Ceriatone 2204 HW was not happy. Loud buzzing then the volume was fluctuating then pretty much no sound at all. At one point the master volume was not working but the pre-amp volume was if that is any help?
    Sounds like the grounding connection to the MV, or possibly the whole pot line if they're grounded with a wire across the backs like a Marshall, has come away or is making an intermittent contact to the chassis.

rico said:

Luckily I had the foresight to bring the DSL401 as a spare!
    lol - usually it would be the other way round ;).

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom