SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Wntd Cheap and Cheerful Acoustic

Just as the title says, something like a Vintage V300 ? i am acousticless at the moment and need one for jam in a couple of weeks. 
would prefer it to be local ( Yorkshire ) and budget is low on it, Ideally £100 ish 

Cheers 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• prowlaprowla Frets: 4983
    I've got this CF Martin Sigma (a Korean Martin) up for around the £100 mark.

It sounds really nice (though it could use a new set of strings); I think the s/n makes it a 1993 (so coming up to 25 years old).

A couple of things to note: (i) it's got a ding on the lower edge of the body (see picture), (ii) the seam where the headstock joins the neck is a bit pronounced (see picture) - I'm pretty sure it's not a repair, because the finish around it is good and I've seen pictures of Martins like that, (iii) the pickguard is lifting from the body in a couple of places and could probably do with replacing.

Overall, I'd say it is both cheap and certainly very cheerful! Something you could take out and it'll do its job very nicely, but you're not going to spend all evening worrying about it as your pride and joy.

(Incidentally, a weird thing I've noted in that last photo - my iPhone camera seems to be able to see through steel strings!)

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom