SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTB: MP3 Player

What's Hot
jdbwalesjdbwales Frets: 313
Anything out there? My main areas of interest are sound quality and capacity (at least 16GB), not hugely into iPods but will consider anything really. Cheers! 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• RockerRocker Frets: 4987
    If you can find one on eBay, a ZEN x-Fi 3 will do what you require.  The software is clunky and poor but it has lots of capacity and plays FLAC files.

I have one and it goes everywhere with me.
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11324
    I don't know what your budget is, but one of the smaller Cowons would fit the bill. Mine's a D20, it has 32GB on board and I've got a 64GB SD card in there as well.

The sound quality is amazing.
  • ZoolooterZoolooter Frets: 887
    FiiO X3 or the cheaper X1. Plays FLAC files, etc. Truly great sound quality for not much dollar.
  • jdbwalesjdbwales Frets: 313
    Thanks gents - great suggestions all round, will check them out.
  • If you end up with an ipod check out the Arcan idock I'm selling in the classifieds. Gives you a proper line level out. Great for playing mp3s though PA systems (what I used it for at a wedding)
  • an oldy but goody is the iRiver B30 which you can probably get £50-80 nowadays
  • trolleytrolley Frets: 88

I've got a Creative Zen somewhere, with the charger a& 'dock'.

Or a mini disc player & discs  

• thomasw88thomasw88 Frets: 2329
    why don't you just buy a 2nd hand android smartphone, whack an sd card in  and just use it as a mp3 player?  
    Sorted now, thanks all. Some awesome ideas here. 
  • RockerRocker Frets: 4987
    Good. Perhaps you would inform us on what you ended up with....
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

Sure - found a great local deal on an iPod 5.5, apparently the best for sound quality. Got it for £45 so not too bad either - got it into a late 70s Technics amp and 80s Kenwood speakers, using the line out as opposed to the headphone out and it actually sounds bloody brilliant, well impressed.