Abbey Road Online Digital Mastering

RabsRabs Frets: 2613
edited August 2017 in Off Topic tFB Trader

£90 a track
from £300 for a full mix

5 Day turnaround

Kinda cool ...... and im guessing cheaper than a live session...

https://www.abbeyroad.com/online-mastering

https://www.abbeyroad.com/online-mixing            ;

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26755
    edited August 2017
    It's a bit misleading on the mixing front, though - the £300 is for "1 to 8 files", which wouldn't even cover the drum tracks on most recordings. Far more likely to be £400 or £450, in reality...and it's a 10 day turnaround. If that's for each track, you're looking at 4 months to mix a 12-track album, costing £5k! I'd rather spend that money at a full studio like The Nave, where you can record and get it mixed for that sort of price, and work with engineers with big-ish reputations too.

They also don't say what you get in terms of re-work etc if you don't like the end result; that, to me, is a massive key point which - if they allowed it - would be listed right on the page. In actual fact, you don't get any useful information on there at all other than a couple of before/afters (the rock one doesn't sound particularly night/day to me) and some prices.
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • You'll certainly be paying more for the name I'd imagine... if you're not recording there I'm not sure what Abbey Rd magic could be imparted on your mix!
  • They also don't say what you get in terms of re-work etc if you don't like the end result; that, to me, is a massive key point which - if they allowed it - would be listed right on the page. In actual fact, you don't get any useful information on there at all other than a couple of before/afters (the rock one doesn't sound particularly night/day to me) and some prices.

1 set of revisions listed on the mix page.
  • 64 files, the maximum they have a fixed price for, isn't actually that many tracks these days for some styles... unless you were printing stuff down deliberately, or lining up unrelated sounds on the same channel (thus meaning more time spent automating).

I'm not questioning the price, just interested to see they don't quote beyond that.

All prices are ex VAT too btw, if people hadn't picked up on that.