Odd car thing happened today

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• nanomannanoman Frets: 62
    Looks like Whispbar's design patent didn't hold up then. I  have them and I don't notice any increase or decrease in fuel economy. I do see a slight drop when the Halfords Exodus box goes on top but it is a big lump. I just have it as far back as it'll go without fouling the boot opening.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28341
    looking at your roof, how can that sleek thing possibly be more aerodynamic with the attachments??
  • nanomannanoman Frets: 62
    Positioned like in those pics i think my roofbox would be hanging over the windscreen. The front one of mine is some way behind the door pillar (But is an estate). You want as much of the wind deflected from the windscreen to go over the box as possible.
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17137
    DiscoStu said:
    I keep a regular eye on my mpg and my mileage as I'm self employed. My car's mpg computer has been accurate enough over the past year so quite a coincidence if it decided to play up the very day I make a physical change to the car's exterior.
    I've mostly been town driving this morning and it's dropped to 62mpg but I have a lot of A road miles this afternoon so curious to see if it picks up again. I've got 3/4 of a tank in the car and will monitor it until it's empty.

I really hope I've made my car more Thule efficient!

http://i.imgur.com/Q0alHOE.jpg

good work! I suspect Ferrari F1 are even now drawing up a contract for Stu to head up their aerodynamics team.

• DiscoStuDiscoStu Frets: 5554
    nanoman said:
    Positioned like in those pics i think my roofbox would be hanging over the windscreen. The front one of mine is some way behind the door pillar (But is an estate). You want as much of the wind deflected from the windscreen to go over the box as possible.
    They're positioned where the instructions told me!
    Stu, you might want to make hay while the sun shines. Set up a website and offer your services as a Roof Bar Positioning Engineer.*

*Dont tell @Sporky ;

• SporkySporky Frets: 28698
    Stu, you might want to make hay while the sun shines. Set up a website and offer your services as a Roof Bar Positioning Engineer.*

*Dont tell @Sporky ;
    I'm sure there's an innovative approach that could be taken to such things.

You git.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    Bang to rights!

In fact I remain intrigued by this.