Deleting old ads.

What's Hot
Is it possible to delete old or no longer relevant ads on here? And if so how is it done?
1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• RolandRoland Frets: 8754
    It's a forum rule that ads stay for information purposes. Deletion is a criminal offence which gets you banned, and then the mods reinstate the text.

See he second post in this thread. http://thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/49019/thefretboard-rules-v2-0#latest
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6398
    No.  They're a treasured resource, and deleting them is against the rules of Classifieds.
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Thanks guys. It's just that somebody was moaning that I had listed something 3 times! Wasn't quite sure how the updating of ads works so will leave them all as they are and respond accordingly! :)
  • not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    You can bump the first add, but not more than ever 48hrs. 

Was this the CM Les Paul?
  • Yes! What does 'bump' mean and how do you do it?
  • not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    Just reply to your own thread. That brings it back to the top so it'll get a fresh audience. No need to delete and start a new one with all the same information.

Have a look at the other ads and you'll get the idea.
  • Will do and like I said. Thanks for the info. It's all new to me! :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • martmart Frets: 5205
    Thanks guys. It's just that somebody was moaning that I had listed something 3 times! Wasn't quite sure how the updating of ads works so will leave them all as they are and respond accordingly! :)
    If you've got 3 threads for the same item, the mods can merge that into one thread. @jalapeno can you do that?
  • The thing is that I amended the ad each time that I put it on here so only the latest one is relevant. Information and price wise so to speak! The other two are now surplus to requirements!  That's why my thought was to delete them.
  • simonksimonk Frets: 1467
    Just write 'consolidated' or something in the original body of the two redundant ads and provide a link to the one you want to keep current.
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16300
    Ideally if something is sold then write sold on it ( edit the title or put it in the body of the Discussion) only because it stops people digging up your six month old ad and saying ' is this still for sale?' 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6398
    mart said:
    Thanks guys. It's just that somebody was moaning that I had listed something 3 times! Wasn't quite sure how the updating of ads works so will leave them all as they are and respond accordingly! :)
    If you've got 3 threads for the same item, the mods can merge that into one thread. @jalapeno can you do that?
    Too hard, as they're spread over time, but closed the 2 older ones
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback