120v to 240v

is there a easy to find find out if a amp to be switched to 240v from 120v by looking at the internals. I have asked the builder and was given a lecture about grey market amps....

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72352
    What amp is it?

Some have unused voltage taps on the PT, some have dual primary windings. Without one of these you're out of luck, and I suspect from the attitude of the builder that it may be the case.

If goods were priced equivalently and fairly in every part of the world then there would be no grey market. It only exists because some makers and distributors rip off overseas customers. (eg Mesa.)

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• sherpa_mansherpa_man Frets: 724
    its a carol ann, i tried to explain i am not importing it, its a amp i have owned for some time now, i just wanted to use it without the step down convertor

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72352
    Which model? It may be possible to find a pic online - or can you open it up and take a pic yourself?

I'm still guessing no though - simply on the grounds that if it was switchable the maker would most likely be helpful rather than defensive about an imported amp.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• olafgartenolafgarten Frets: 1648
    I'm quite sure that a Tucana 3 can be switched. Not sure about the rest of them.