New old guitar day

NunogilbertoNunogilberto Frets: 1679
edited August 2017 in Guitar
I was hankering after a single pickup LP, after finding I only ever tend to use the bridge pickup on most LPs I play. I remembered this guitar I had a couple of years ago...

http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/49569/

And after a short local Facebook search, it turned up in a Cash Generator not too far away. Someone who'd had it after me had somewhat cynically changed the Seymour Duncan for a no name gold covered HB of some sort (and probably sold on the JB for a few quid) but otherwise it was largely the same. I bought a cheapo set of strings and gave it a little TLC today, and it's great.

The current pickup isn't bad but it's very much an old school bucker - becomes a little muddy with more gain and lacks a little bite and sizzle, so I've tracked down a local guy with a couple of Seymour Duncans for sale, namely a Pearly Gates and another JB.

Given what I said on the old thread about how the JB sounded on this guitar back then, I'm minded to give the Pearly Gates a try. That said, I didn't really give the guitar long enough to be able to see how it sounded at gig volumes, so I'm almost torn as to what pickup to go for now...
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7777
    Fun, might be cool to setup for slide in open E
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom