Eddie Kramer talks about the potential sound of Hendrix's fourth album

What's Hot
RabsRabs Frets: 2613
edited August 2017 in Music tFB Trader

Comments

• RabsRabs Frets: 2613
    tFB Trader
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    Except that Hendrix was due to jam with Miles Davis in New York but died a few days before they were due to meet. He was moving into jazz rock and wanted out of the blues (source: Miles Davis).

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader

Theres an interview with Hendrix up on youtube where he discusses this not long before his death....  He seemed to want to do everything....

• darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11907
    The sad thing is, if he lived longer her probably would have done everything.  So much talent lost so young.
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader
    The sad thing is, if he lived longer her probably would have done everything.  So much talent lost so young.

Yup.. One can only imagine what could have been..

It still amazes me to this day how much material Jimi left behind.. Im still discovering new stuff on Youtube to this day... just amazing. I came across this the other night that I don't think id heard before...  Hendrix and Dusty Springfield...  Kinda cool.

Check at 4:30 for their duet  :)

• english_bobenglish_bob Frets: 5175
    Fretwired said:
    Except that Hendrix was due to jam with Miles Davis in New York but died a few days before they were due to meet. He was moving into jazz rock and wanted out of the blues (source: Miles Davis).
    I've heard all sorts about that. Apparently they'd met, talked and played together privately (Hendrix was "friends" with Miles' wife, or ex-wife, or girlfriend or something) and the classically-trained(ish) Miles had shown the self-taught and musically illiterate Hendrix various musical theory things, but the studio sessions never came together for reasons that might have been to do with scheduling, or billing on the resulting album, or any number of things. 

This is very interesting (Macca was on holiday and didn't return until after the scheduled date):

The telegraph reads

Imagine Miles' Tribute to Jack Johnson album with Hendrix instead of John McLaughlin. Fuuuuuuuck.

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • earwighoneyearwighoney Frets: 3498
    His 5th album would have been a djent one. 
  • Modulus_AmpsModulus_Amps Frets: 2596
    tFB Trader
    His 5th album would have been a djent one. 
    wonder what he would be doing if he was alive today, touring playing all the old classics or playing Djent .....
  • earwighoneyearwighoney Frets: 3498
     wonder what he would be doing if he was alive today, touring playing all the old classics or playing Djent .....
    I'd like to think he'd be an entrepreneur.  

What George Foreman did for the grill I imagine Hendrix would have done something similar with the sandwich toaster.  

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  •  wonder what he would be doing if he was alive today, touring playing all the old classics or playing Djent .....
    I'd like to think he'd be an entrepreneur.  

What George Foreman did for the grill I imagine Hendrix would have done something similar with the sandwich toaster.  

He's got his own gin I think hasn't he?
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic