Anyone here own a Catalinbread Talisman reverb pedal ?

TelejesterTelejester Frets: 743
edited August 2017 in FX
Been checking out various reverb pedals at various pricepoints and Andy at pgs did an astonishing demo of the Talisman. My concern with any reverb pedal is that it sounds just right to my ears, neither barely making a difference or sounding totally washed out. To those who own and use a Talisman, how are you finding it ? How does it fare against units such as boss rv6, TC hall of fame or pedals of similar quality ?

https://youtu.be/FcSEc6zCRlo

Isn't this demo just superb !
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ZoolooterZoolooter Frets: 887
    edited August 2017
    It's the best plate reverb - period. Just finished a couple of hours noodling with mine, gorgeous tones subtle or cranked. I tried quite a few different pedals like the HOF, RV6 and an assortment of boutique brands. Nothing came close to the Talisman. The only other reverb that impressed is the Strymon Flint, which I tried recently.

And, yes it's a great demo!
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9564
    edited August 2017
    Ill second what @Zoolooter said... it is one of THE best out there.

Its main strength, apart from sounding natural and warm, is the 'high pass' knob. This takes the splash and harshness out of the verb sound, and somehow seems to tighten everything up - meaning it takes distortion very well.

Highly recommended.
  • LebarqueLebarque Frets: 3876
    Yeh, I've got one. Much better than the Flint (digital sounding) and a class above the others you mentioned. Waz is right - for my main, subtle verb sound, I run the high pass knob full up and no pre-delay at all. Sounds great. Just make sure it's definitely plate reverb you want, rather than spring.
  • BeexterBeexter Frets: 599
    Yep,  I have one too and agree with everything already said,  it really is very good.
    I've had Boss RV2, Digitech Digitech, TC Hof, both full size and mini, Keeley Aurora and the Talisman is all I have now. It does everything I want from subtle barely- there to dreamy, ethereal epicness.
    It doesn't do shimmer but I personally got bored of shimmer fairly quickly. 
    The other thing the Talisman does really well is cope with going into the front of a driven amp which was also a consideration for me. This video heavily influenced my purchase decision... 

It's a great pedal