Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

A bit out of hand?

What's Hot
NiallmoNiallmo Frets: 467
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v375/Niallmo/81E2E8DA-DF77-4163-967C-C8257D19D073_zpshhpyplml.jpg

To be fair, I do use all of them in rotation. One or two I could sell I suppose....
0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• JookyChapJookyChap Frets: 4234
    Yeah, but you'd have to buy a potted plant to fill the gap, and they need watering and you can develop an emotional attachment to them that really screws you up when the greenfly hit or you have a weeks holiday somewhere nice and warm - maybe Crete - and the neighbour who was meant to pop around and look after them has a nasty fall at work and is out of action for weeks and it basically slips their mind and when you come back it looks like it has been toasted and takes the shine off what should have been a lovely escape from the tragedy and pain that is day-to-day life..

Safer all around to keep them, I think.

6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • You need more!
    Old Is Gold
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • DrBobDrBob Frets: 3006
    They're nice and neat so no dramas there !
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SkippedSkipped Frets: 2371
    I used to dream of having rooms covered in wall mounted guitars. But now I have the space to do it (and I suppose the means to do it if I really wanted) I have changed my mind and I think 1 guitar and a spare/couch guitar is probably perfect.

• NiallmoNiallmo Frets: 467
    It's always been a difficult internal discussion between having a couple of really good guitars or loads of cheap ones... You can see which way this has turned out in the past few years!
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12666
    I think there are currently 20 guitars laying around at Chateau Impmann... it gets expensive with strings, I can tell you.
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

• ESBlondeESBlonde Frets: 3589
    I'm sorry I don't understand the question.

:)
  • Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2358
    How did you get so many to fit in such a small space? :D Nice work. :D
  • mellowsunmellowsun Frets: 2422
    Not at all, although I'd be worried about that radiator - I presume you never switch that one on?
  • Personally I'd rather have 1 or 2 posh ones but it's all good if you're happy! :)
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • NiallmoNiallmo Frets: 467
    I can confirm that the radiator is always off. :)
  • BrianCBrianC Frets: 16
    edited February 2014

Niallmo said:
    It's always been a difficult internal discussion between having a couple of really good guitars or loads of cheap ones... You can see which way this has turned out in the past few years!
    I know exactly what you mean. I am in the same boat but most of the time mine are in the cases, and come out in some sort of rotation

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    Skipped said:
     I think 1 guitar and a spare/couch guitar is probably perfect.

You sick, sick man.

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mike_l said:
    Skipped said:
     I think 1 guitar and a spare/couch guitar is probably perfect.

You sick, sick man.
    I think @Skipped is actually my Mrs and she's made an account posing as someone else to somehow get me to reduce my collection. Nice try...
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • imaloneimalone Frets: 748
    I think it's Sweden (or maybe Denmark) where you're not allowed to own single social animals, e.g. if you have a guinea pig you must have two or more. This is just you showing concern for your guitars' welfare.
  • @impmann said:
    I think there are currently 20 guitars laying around at Chateau Impmann... it gets expensive with strings, I can tell you.
    But surely, statistically speaking, each set should last 20 times as long ?

• I can see 6 of mine now wondered where the other 5 where = 3 upstairs one on a lend and one in the pub! 

Nothing to see here!
    www.maltingsaudio.co.uk
  • I have got rid of 4 so far this year
    Still have 9 in the house though. 2 out on loan.
    I think if you use them all then carry on sir.

BUT

you need a Jaguar and Jazzmaster :-)
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • SkippedSkipped Frets: 2371
    this is my couch guitar:     :))

0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • vizviz Frets: 10695
    @impmann said:
    But surely, statistically speaking, each set should last 20 times as long ?

The longevity has a constant and a variable component.
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.