SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

1967 Gibson ES 330TD for sale SOLD

What's Hot
liamcapliamcap Frets: 5
edited September 2017 in Guitars £
Pics here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/9itsjptqr1aua9v/AACN-cSH9HgmLILVUcJceAtya?dl=0)

Up for sale - my pride and joy, a 1967 Gibson ES 330. I came by this guitar through Andy Baxter Bass & Guitars in London a couple of years ago and the original listing can be found here. http://andybaxterbass.com/details.php?id=850

This is an excellent sounding guitar. My background it mainly as a bass player but I do play guitar often as well. The bridge pickup is superb with a bit of drive, instantly reminiscent of Beatles/Stones lead lines. The neck is dark and jazzy, sounds great with some drive but obviously instant Grant Green/Jazz clean sounds too. An all round monster. 

Extremely light - this is a hollow bodied guitar as most of you will know. It's also incredibly resonant not plugged in. 

All original with the exception of the Grover tuners. The bridge pickup has also been rewound by Bareknuckle at some stage in its past. The pup switch differs from most Gibsons of this era that I've seen but was never sold as unoriginal to me, some Gibson buffs might be able to clear that one up. 

Condition is one you would expect of a player's guitar of this age. It's checked in the finish and looks better for it. I've tried to capture the wear on the back too which again I just consider part and parcel of owning a vintage instrument that actually gets gigged. There are a few chips here and there, nothing compromising the structural integrity of the instrument. Electronics are in fine working order. 

Pictured without its pickguard, however the original guard will come along with the guitar. I've just taken it off for aesthetic purposes recently. I will be more than happy to send more pics on request. 

I'm selling because I'm working a lot and no longer performing quite as much as a guitarist. I'm asking for £2200. Strictly no trades, I'm not after anything new right now. I would really prefer a meet up for this one as a few people have asked for shipping. If I must ship it will be within mainland UK and at the buyer's expense. 

I'm happy to answer any questions you may have - hope you're all good out there.

Liam 

0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• camfcamf Frets: 1191
    OMG. If only I had the funds. Weep. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • pruddprudd Frets: 664
    That is nice, if my Hofner goes I will be in touch GLWTS
  • xpia98jfxpia98jf Frets: 309
    Great looking guitar but I can't get my head around the fact that they sold you that in a gig bag.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • liamcapliamcap Frets: 5
    I tried to pretend it didn't happen to be honest. I've got a hard case to ship if needs be but I'd prefer a meet if possible. It's fully hollow and I'd have some reservations. 
    Bump! Thanks for the interest so far. 
    Has anyone else had problems with the pics not loading? Is it just me?
  • JDEJDE Frets: 1092
    Me either. Nowt loading on a phone and the Dropbox links are locked. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Yep. That's what I found.
    Yep, that was good for me. Sigh. Ponders bank robbery. Weeps. 
    Open to sensible offers before Ebay or other. 
  • liamcap said:
    Open to sensible offers before Ebay or other. 
    Message sent. 
  • Sold! Thank you all for your interest. 

• I'd like to thank Liam for going, literally, the extra mile to get the guitar to me. His description was spot on and the guitar is as described.  Lovely in other words. 
  • Thanks David, very kind. Enjoy the new guitar!
  • BasherBasher Frets: 1206
    If that's the same @dlmorley who recorded the wonderful "Tilted", a lovely old hollowbody isn't what I'd have thought would be your first choice of guitar!

I'm guessing you've either bought it to wrangle other-worldly feedback tones from. Either that or you've got a secret Grant Green tribute gig somewhere. Either way, I'm sure it'll sound great. Fantastic guitar and great album (have just put it on for a quick blast!).
  • Thanks for the kind words. Yes, Tilted is mine. Glad you enjoy it. I started out on guitar and always wanted a 330. There is even some of my attempted playing on Tilted in the depths of the mixes. Cheers. David.