Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

I like the Tiny Terror

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• ESBlonde said:
    I had one for a year or two as a spare/rehearsal or Jam option and made a 1x10" open back cab to go with it. In the end I concluded it was a one trick pony and since I don't play predominantly rock music it lacked versatility for me and the cleans really didn't cut it.
    That said I do see the appeal and had a lot of fun with mine, but I already had several amps and it got sidelined and traded.

This in a nutshell when I had one.  The tone knob needs to be full up, no other useful settings, fun for rock, didn't have tons of gain (better with TS boosting), and no decent cleans available.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Did the whole rehearsal with just these tonight, bloody liberating.

Tone and gain round to 2 o'clock, volume pushed up just past half way. No amp this small has the right to sound this thick and chewy! Incredibly touch sensitive and dynamic, the most fun I've had playing loud for a very long time. 
  • I refrained from commenting here as everyone is entitled to their opinion regarding the TT, but when your post popped up I decided so it I'll chip in.

Horses for courses and YMMV and all that but I had a Dual Terror which I loved, but when a deal for the Hardwired UK made TT popped up I had to have it. Blew me away and I loved it, slightly more "open" sounding than the DT terror channel and soaked up pedals better seemingly so I sold the DT.

Kept the TTHW for about 18 months and loved every gig and rehearsal with it, sounded great set at edge of break up and kept up fine with our drummer in an Indie band. Pedals sounded amazing through it, especially my Timmy, and ICBM fuzz I thought I would never sell it..........

.....and I would've kept it but I got a Genz Benz BP30 2x12 on that GAK close out deal and although she made me work I will never sell that amp as it is the sound in my head (except for a plexi but with the right pedal I can get there mostly), the Red Fangs are amazing and it sounds so alive. Sooooo the TT had to go as I wasn't allowed both, loved it though and miss it loads to be fair. Once I had the Genz I set the TT up as a gainer sound, sounded mint also!

My head said brake, but my heart cried never.