Azumi Victory guitar

Being a bit of a fan of left field Japanese guitars of the late 70's, early 80's, I was intrigued by an Azumi Victory guitar local to me that has popped up on eBay. I've never come across this brand before. Does anyone have any experience of them? Web info about them seems rather sparse.

It looks very much of it's time with the dual (gotoh clones) super distortion humbuckers, sideboard wood finish and odd chunky trem. File among the Arias, Westones, Ibanez etc of this era.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• AdeyAdey Frets: 2265
    That's mine, I do beleive. I have had a few "unusual" Japanese guitars in my time...
  • Cool. It looks like a pretty interesting brand which I'm surprised I hadn't come across before.  I really enjoyed the Westbury Standard I  used to have and I still love my Westone Thunderjet. 

How did the Azumi stack up against the other Japanese guitars you've had?
    I've got a Westbury Deluxe still amonst my herd... Nice guitar. Really heavy. I do like a bit of weigt in a guiar.
    The only Westone i have left is my Pantera X390. A Prestige 250 would be nice to find at a reasonable price...
    The Azumi is a really well made guitar. the Chushin factory made Daions, amongst others, so they could turn out really high quality stuff.
    . It feels really nice to play. Neck radius is quite tight, compared to modern guitars, and as I said in Ebay ad, the pick-ups are good (in my opinion anyway)