Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

I know Apple Watch is a marmite product but...

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• jonevejoneve Frets: 1474
    Actually a mate has bought one for his ancient mother, because of the automatic fall detection.

So he gets informed of the G forces on the wait breach a certain amount suggesting a fall. If granny hasn’t moved or pressed a button within 60 seconds he gets the warning.

Thats seems like a damn good idea to me.
    That’s a really good idea. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 7886
    joneve said:
    Actually a mate has bought one for his ancient mother, because of the automatic fall detection.

So he gets informed of the G forces on the wait breach a certain amount suggesting a fall. If granny hasn’t moved or pressed a button within 60 seconds he gets the warning.

....as long as she wearing it....
  • GagarynGagaryn Frets: 1553
    TheMarlin said:
    joneve said:

....as long as she wearing it....

..and has remembered to charge it nightly, unlock it with a PIN or phone every time they put it on...

There a simpler more reliable fall monitors which are better suited to the elderly available.

An excellent alternative non-intrusive monitoring measure is an alert that tells a remote carer that the kettle has been switched on.