Vocals into Ditto Looper x2

What's Hot
ijontyijonty Frets: 32
Is this possible? Can I have the guitar going into the mono, and a microphone through the stereo channel? I've no idea myself, so that suggestion could be complete nonsense.

cheers!

Telecaster American Deluxe, Cornell Romany amp, without the talent to use them properly
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• steamabacussteamabacus Frets: 1268
    edited August 2017
    It's possible but there are some issues to consider.

1) You would probably have to be using the looper output in stereo as well - check in the manual, but I don't think stereo in, mono out is an option. Additionally, your two signals (mic and guitar) would be panned hard left and right in the stereo image which may or may not be a problem.

2) Although it will probably 'work', the levels of gitar and mic will be very different and you could well have noise issues due to the low signal level of the microphone. Ideally you'd need some kind of active mic preamp for the microphone.

The best solution may be a small mixing desk before the looper with both the guitar and mic going through the mixer and then the mixer stereo outputs into the looper. You could then balance levels, eq, panning, etc between the guitar and mic signals. Something like the Behringer UB802 that I have would be fine (Not too expensive, I picked mine up for a fiver without power supply).

Finally, do you already own the Ditto? If not, you could consider one of the larger multi-footswitch Digitech JamMan loopers. These have a dedicated mic input (on XLR) with level control. The current JamMan Stereo (4 f/s) or the older JamMan Stereo (2 f/s) both have dedicated mic inputs. I think some of the Boss loopers may as well.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ijontyijonty Frets: 32
    Hey @steamabacus , this is exactly the advice I needed, cheers! I've already got a Ditto, and was just looking for a cheap way to play around with vocal loops too. Wonder if anyone's selling a mixing desk like that - will post an ad.

Telecaster American Deluxe, Cornell Romany amp, without the talent to use them properly
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7344
    you can have vocals into a delay pedal !
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>