Holiday destionation advice for 60th.

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• EvilmagsEvilmags Frets: 5158
    Before I give you advice, how adventurous are you, how good at communicating with forigners and what level of luxury do you want? Cuba is pretty depressing BTW. The food and drink is extremely limited and the water needs boiled. 

For five grand I'd probably do luxury in Goa, Penang or Thailand as you get weather  beach and culture. The most interesting place in the Caribbean an is also too dangerous (Jamaica), smaller Islands are safer if you want to wander about and see local life. Some of the diving is spectacular and the West sides of the islands have great swimming. The Caymans are very nice and also safe. 

The Garden Route in Soth Africa is spectacular and you can finish with a Safari (I'd recommend Shamwari estates). Cape Town is awesome and once there it is cheap as fuck. (A wine that would cost 400 in a UK restaurant is around 50 quid their). 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • olafgartenolafgarten Frets: 1648
    You could try the Hard Rock Resort in Punta Cana, probably a bit pricey, but my parents won a holiday there and loved it.
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17137
    boogieman said:
    Do you just want to slob out or do you want to be more active and see culture and history? My missus and me have done a few organised guided tours with a company called Explore. 
    https://www.explore.co.uk/

They do lots of different trips, some are more full on walking or cycling tours, but we've always done the slower paced and more comfortable ones. You go in a mixed group, usually 12-16. We've made some good friends of people we met on the trips. 

I'm a little the worse for beer right now, but already I've seen myself hurtling round the Namibian desert in a Series 1 Land Rover fighting off tribesmen and searching for diamonds in amongst the shipwrecks on the Skeleton Coast. What a cracking site that is, I shall definitely be giving that some airtime.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12424
    boogieman said:
    Do you just want to slob out or do you want to be more active and see culture and history? My missus and me have done a few organised guided tours with a company called Explore. 
    https://www.explore.co.uk/

They do lots of different trips, some are more full on walking or cycling tours, but we've always done the slower paced and more comfortable ones. You go in a mixed group, usually 12-16. We've made some good friends of people we met on the trips. 

I'm a little the worse for beer right now, but already I've seen myself hurtling round the Namibian desert in a Series 1 Land Rover fighting off tribesmen and searching for diamonds in amongst the shipwrecks on the Skeleton Coast. What a cracking site that is, I shall definitely be giving that some airtime.
    Cool, glad you liked it. I've done the Spain/Morocco, Thailand/Koh Sahmet, Vietnam/Cambodia and India/Nepal trips with them. All were really good (well apart from getting food poisoning in Morocco, ironically that was from going into a hotel for a meal, the street food was fine. Not really Explore's fault though).

There's a similar company called Exodus that a friend of mine uses, she's out in Rwanda with them at the moment, watching gorillas. Looks friggin amazing from her Facebook posts. 
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11346
    boogieman said:
    Cool, glad you liked it. I've done the Spain/Morocco, Thailand/Koh Sahmet, Vietnam/Cambodia and India/Nepal trips with them. All were really good (well apart from getting food poisoning in Morocco, ironically that was from going into a hotel for a meal, the street food was fine. Not really Explore's fault though).

There's a similar company called Exodus that a friend of mine uses, she's out in Rwanda with them at the moment, watching gorillas. Looks friggin amazing from her Facebook posts. 
    It's not a proper trip unless you've had the Immodoium out.

I've travelled with Exodus - very good - and Explore - really good.