Myles Kennedy's vocals

What's Hot
bingefellerbingefeller Frets: 5723
I was ordering some CDs and decided to get Alter Bridge's The Last Hero. I can't remember if I listened to samples on Amazon or not, although I mustn't have because when he started singing I had to turn it off.  I was going to return to CD to Amazon but I can't be arsed over £10 and over the head of Myles horrendous tones.  I think he has one of the worst voices I have ever heard.  

Whats strange is i can kind of tolerate him on Slash's albums.  
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    His voice puts me off the AB stuff as well. Not keen on him with Slash either actually. 
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17856
    tFB Trader
    It takes all sorts

He's one of my favourite singers.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • stimpsonslostsonstimpsonslostson Frets: 5422
    edited August 2017
    Has his "yarl" become even more pronounced?
    I quite like Alter Bridge, Tremonti is a great rock player. 

I can't listen to Flogging Molly any more since I noticed that Dave King adds an "ah" to the end of every line. 

Well-AH
    I'm-ah going to heaven-ah
    But probably wind up in hell-AH

Drives me mad. 
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33904
    It takes all sorts

In my humble opinion he and Chris Cornell are the best rock singers of all time.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • He is an incredible singer.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17856
    tFB Trader
    octatonic said:
    It takes all sorts

In my humble opinion he and Chris Cornell are the best rock singers of all time.

Pretty much
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • beed84beed84 Frets: 2443
    He's a quality singer, although I only really like what he did on Blackbird and One Day Remains.
  • ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6234
    tFB Trader
    I prefer myles kennedys work with Slash over the original guns and roses versions. I genuinely think he's a fantastic singer. 
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23533
    I thought he was amazing on the first Alter Bridge album, so much so that I went and bought a Mayfield Four album - which I didn't like at all.  Since then I've gradually got disenchanted with both Alter Bridge and his vocals, but I couldn't really say why.
  • BidleyBidley Frets: 2950
    I like his work with Slash, and I really rate him. I can see why some might not like his voice though, very Marmite.
  • bingefellerbingefeller Frets: 5723
    Bidley said:
    I like his work with Slash, and I really rate him. I can see why some might not like his voice though, very Marmite.
    I think the thing that allows me to tolerate him on Slash's album is the fact I like Slash and am probably listening to his playing more than anything.

Has his "yarl" become even more pronounced?
    I quite like Alter Bridge, Tremonti is a great rock player. 

I can't listen to Flogging Molly any more since I noticed that Dave King adds an "ah" to the end of every line. 

Well-AH
    I'm-ah going to heaven-ah
    But probably wind up in hell-AH

Drives me mad. 
    This was the track that turned me off - the first one off the album:

After the long instrumental intro, I got excited, then he started singing, and that was pretty bad, then the chorus kicks in and I had to turn it off.

• BidleyBidley Frets: 2950
    He's a cut above the average radio-friendly rock singer, but I don't think being in the radio-friendly rock band that is Alter Bridge does him many favours. Grittier production does more for him, I think.
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28354
    I love his voice, great power. Must be in my top 20 or so singers.
  • TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7826
    It takes all sorts

Yeah me, I think he has a stunning voice. Live he is awesome.
  • jonevejoneve Frets: 1488
    Yep, another fan here. He's become a bit OTT on their later albums, but he's got great range and unbelievable power. BRB, going to listen to One Day Remains. 
    joneve said:
    Yep, another fan here. He's become a bit OTT on their later albums, but he's got great range and unbelievable power. BRB, going to listen to One Day Remains. 
    He sounds ok on One Day Remains, just something about his current vocals........

Tremonti is awesome though, great riffage.  
  • earwighoneyearwighoney Frets: 3505
    He's a better vocalist than the guy from Creed, who is the Michael Bolton of rock bands

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
    Aye your man from Creed is a header.  

joneve said:
    He sounds ok on One Day Remains, just something about his current vocals........

Tremonti is awesome though, great riffage.  
    You should check out Tremonti's solo albums. They're like heavier Alter Bridge tracks with Tremonti singing (I quite like his vocals - nothing spectacular but solid nonethless. I also happen to think they compliment Kennedy's vocals well on the Alter Bridge tracks too. Some of the harmonies are winners)
    edited August 2017

He's a better vocalist than the guy from Creed, who is the Michael Bolton of rock bands

Whilst I agree with you - they have some great tracks. "My Own Prison" their debut album is great rock album, if you can look past the Eddie Vedder wannabe vocals. 

And the album they did most recently, Full Circle (although it was 8 years ago now WTF?) is absolutely awesome, mostly because the three other guys had more artistic input this time, so it's a bit more Alter Bridge-y and the vocal harmonies are aces. (I love a good harmony)