SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD /// 1990's Fender "Pink Paisley" '69 Telecaster

What's Hot
WindmillGuitarsWindmillGuitars Frets: 731
edited August 2017 in Guitars £ tFB Trader

Finished in the iconic “PINK PAISLEY” pattern this is one guitar that everyone should have in their collection. "Crafted in Japan"on a “P” serial number and comes complete with a tweed hard case. 

When Fender first released this model in 1968 it was geared towards the flower children of the age, but that all changed when James Burton started playing one with Elvis. These days it is more closely associated with Brad Paisley. Overall, the guitar is in excellent condition; the frets are perfect, the action is nice and low, and the the finish is nearly flawless apart from a few very small marks near the jack socket.

£875

Edit 25/08 - some more pics and clarity around dating

www.windmillguitars.com - Official stockist of Yamaha, Maybach, Fano Guitars, Kithara Guitars, Eastman Guitars, Trent Guitars, Orange Amps, Blackstar Amplification & More! (The artist formerly known as Anchorboy)
0reaction image LOL 7reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Great guitars. I love mine. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • bazxkrbazxkr Frets: 615
    Very nice indeed. Is this 3 or 4 bolt neck
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27108
    Awesome :)
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • WindmillGuitarsWindmillGuitars Frets: 731
    tFB Trader
    @bazxkr 4 bolt

www.windmillguitars.com - Official stockist of Yamaha, Maybach, Fano Guitars, Kithara Guitars, Eastman Guitars, Trent Guitars, Orange Amps, Blackstar Amplification & More! (The artist formerly known as Anchorboy)
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mikeyrob73mikeyrob73 Frets: 4671
    that is lovely GLWTS 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • NeilNeil Frets: 3626
    Wow duly awarded!

Love those paisleys and blue flowers.

If that had been a Strat........... :o
    tFB Trader
    Neil said:
    Wow duly awarded!

I have a Blue Flower Strat @Neil ... it's going nowhere! 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Ive had a few of both colours and guitars over the years, but Ive never heard they were limited to 500 before?
  • Jack_Jack_ Frets: 3175
    edited August 2017
    Ive had a few of both colours and guitars over the years, but Ive never heard they were limited to 500 before?
    There have been quite a few runs, and I'm not sure if the ones you can buy new now are limited at all.

I've got an 80s one I bought from a forumite and shit would have to get real bad for me to consider selling it, I love it.

I call it my peach Paisley, because it's aged/faded quite bit, with the foil going gold.
  • fretfinderfretfinder Frets: 5051
    Anchorboy said:
    Neil said:
    Wow duly awarded!

Lovely guitar, have you got an accurate weight for it? Thanks.
    250+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader
    Ive had a few of both colours and guitars over the years, but Ive never heard they were limited to 500 before?
    I spoke with Fender and also have a contact myself in the Japanese domestic market who confirmed that these were produced in limited numbers of 4-500. As @Jack_ says they are amazing guitars - much better than the more modern run of Paisleys.

@fretfinder - I'll weigh it when I get home and PM you. 
  • NeilNeil Frets: 3626
    Anchorboy said:
    Neil said:
    Wow duly awarded!

Lucky man.  
  • Jack_Jack_ Frets: 3175
    It's funny isn't it? Whenever more individual finishes get used on guitars it tends to divide opinion or seem tacky, but the Paisley and Floral have become iconic and much loved.

They're both great finishes.
  • antifashantifash Frets: 603
    These are nice guitars. Preferred the '80s versions, but these are definitely up there.
  • Wow that's lovely. The paisley finish on the 90s ones is much better than the current MIJ reissues which have gone all bubble gum with far too much pink around the edges..
    Link to my trading feedback
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Arktik83Arktik83 Frets: 431
    Wow that's lovely. The paisley finish on the 90s ones is much better than the current MIJ reissues which have gone all bubble gum with far too much pink around the edges..
    Agreed.  One reviewer called it "Barbie Pink" :lol: 
  • EvoEvo Frets: 308
    I love the comments on the new paisley finishes. People seem to want the slightly more subtle variant of the pink, flowery guitar with sparkles!

Personally, I like the brighter new ones. It may be bubblegum, but I like guitars that pop.

Good luck with the sale. Awesome guitars, mine isn't going anywhere soon!
  • notanonnotanon Frets: 610
    I actually hate how much I love that guitar - I don't even know why! Purdy 'tis so GLWTS
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader
    SOLD