Gibson Guitar May Default

What's Hot

Comments

• BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24580
    usedtobe said:
    Be reyt! All money is pretend, anyway, magic'd up on the Rothschild family's magic money computer..
    You are @siraxeman and ICM £5
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30291
    Frankly, I wish every guitar manufacturer would go bust, then I might have a chance of selling my bloody Marlin Sidewinder.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FreebirdFreebird Frets: 5821
    To be on the safe side, I would get all my Gibson's before May.
    If we are not ashamed to think it, we should not be ashamed to say it.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Sassafras said:
    Frankly, I wish every guitar manufacturer would go bust, then I might have a chance of selling my bloody Marlin Sidewinder.
    It's gonna take more than that....
  • RabsRabs Frets: 2609
    tFB Trader
    fandango said:

What should Fender do to become diverse? Your guess is as good as mine. I dread to think of what Moody's would make of Auden/Gordon Smith Guitars. Or even @Rabs ;;Guitars. Come on Rabs, when you gonna introduce a line of bass guitars, amps, and branded guitar accessories? You're not diverse enough. 

Well if anyone wants a RabsWood Bass (which actually I do intend on building) a T-shirt, mug or novelty condom it can be arranged  :)

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30291
    Gibson should start up a Custom Hat Shop.
    Replicas of the Slash Top hat, the SRV feathered stetson and the James Bay stupid hat.
  • teradaterada Frets: 5113
  • Modulus_AmpsModulus_Amps Frets: 2580
    tFB Trader
    would that include epiphone too then?

Don't worry though as Slash is going to get it all sorted out....
  • WolfetoneWolfetone Frets: 1479
    It doesn't surprise me in the least. Whoever  makes the decisions at Gibson  doesn't really understand the needs and desires of their market. The 2015 range is an example of that.

If I represent a typical buyer, I want a  straight down the centre, high quality, no issues instrument made to the best practices of their craft. I want an instrument that truly represents decades of the best aspects of Gibson. I want to feel that I own something historic and  with lineage.
    Rabs said:
    fandango said:

What should Fender do to become diverse? Your guess is as good as mine. I dread to think of what Moody's would make of Auden/Gordon Smith Guitars. Or even @Rabs ;;Guitars. Come on Rabs, when you gonna introduce a line of bass guitars, amps, and branded guitar accessories? You're not diverse enough. 

Well if anyone wants a RabsWood Bass (which actually I do intend on building) a T-shirt, mug or novelty condom it can be arranged  :)

What's your rabswood bass going to be styled on?
    tFB Trader
    Rabs said:
    fandango said:

What's your rabswood bass going to be styled on?

Not sure yet..   I guess im up for suggestions  :)

I have a squire P bass that I have had for years and always really liked..  Really easy to play and I stuck some Seymour Duncan pickups in it so it sounds pretty good too.. Apart from that I had a Epiphone EB3 for a short while but didn't really like that so sold it on..  The neck dive was awful.

edited August 2017 tFB Trader
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17136
    You know what this means? I can now unearth that Flying V Custom I've been hiding, and tell the wife I bought it to save Gibson from going under.

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    usedtobe said:
    Be reyt! All money is pretend, anyway, magic'd up on the Rothschild family's magic money computer..
    You are @siraxeman and ICM £5
    Ok, but it's still not real..!
     ;) 
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72364
    Jack_ said:

We should have a Fretboard pool on how long it will be before the term "pre-bankruptcy" or similar gets used in a sale listing.
    One day after Gibson declare bankruptcy, even if they are immediately bought by another company and nothing actually changes. I'll also go for 50% above the "pre-bankruptcy" price if we want to make it a two-part pool.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• Rabs said:
    fandango said:

Sounds like a fun weekend. 
    " Why does it smell of bum?" Mrs Professorben.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2359
    edited August 2017
    Neil said:
    Fender are less in control, mainly owned by two private equity firms who could, if they felt like it indulge in a bit of asset stripping. 
    Isn't that happening already when they make relics?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ColsCols Frets: 7010
    Is it definitely the guitar part of Gibson which is haemorrhaging money, given that they've diversified into consumer electronics as well?  
  • stonevibestonevibe Frets: 7143
    The rumours have been heating up all week on this subject, with many industry people saying they are worried about Gibson. 

Win a Cort G250 SE Guitar in our Guitar Bomb Free UK Giveaway