Due for an upgrade on my phone, what should I get?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• Flink_PoydFlink_Poyd Frets: 2490
    Personally I would avoid Samsung, I collect at least 3 a day on my route to be fixed for whatever reason and some go back 4 or 5times. General consensus of the people sending them is the phone is OK until you have a problem then it's Samsung/repair company messing you around. 
    Nobody is guaranteed tomorrow.....

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BigBearKrisBigBearKris Frets: 1755
    And I would definitely recommend Samsungs.
    Bear in mind that I am not an Apple fan, but I have one that I use for work everyday amd i am still not convinced. 
    Samsung's cameras are FAR superior to iPhone's and screen clarity and brightness is so much better too.
    The rest is personal preference really. Depends who gets on with iOS and who prefers android. 
    I like to be able to access file manager and be able to customise items on the phone so I like Android better, but horses for courses.

Also - don't take much notice of posts saying that "they've had samungs/android phones years ago and they were crap" as it's a totally different league now. Whichever phone was a winner few years back it's totally different ballgame today. 
  • menamestommenamestom Frets: 4722

The iphone 6s is still a really good phone, I would just get a new battery and enjoy much lower bills.  I'm out if contract with my iphone 6 next month and see absolutely no reason to upgrade, phones seem to have reached a plateau recently where inly gery marginal gains end up costing a fortune overthe contract period.
  • menamestommenamestom Frets: 4722
    edited August 2017

Danny1969 said:
      A new battery for a 6S cost £10 and is pretty simple to replace, 2 screws by the lighting connector, flip up screen with a suction cup, undo battery connector securing bracket and then you can change batteries 

Where is the best place to get batteries from?  I have an iphone 6.
    Mine is 2 years old, i'm wondering if it is wirth replacing, it does seem to drain quite quick but i'm not sure if it is worse than is was new.  Is therean easy way to check performance?
  • Flink_PoydFlink_Poyd Frets: 2490
    edited August 2017
    I've had plenty of Android phones but never a Samsung, whenever I tried one there was always a reason not to go for one so I used HTC, Google, One Plus etc. I guess I'm just not a Samsung guy but it's been reinforced with seeing how many, and all models, that get sent for repair and don't get sorted out. 
    Nobody is guaranteed tomorrow.....

• Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 10425

Danny1969 said:
      A new battery for a 6S cost £10 and is pretty simple to replace, 2 screws by the lighting connector, flip up screen with a suction cup, undo battery connector securing bracket and then you can change batteries 

Where is the best place to get batteries from?  I have an iphone 6.
    Mine is 2 years old, i'm wondering if it is wirth replacing, it does seem to drain quite quick but i'm not sure if it is worse than is was new.  Is therean easy way to check performance?
    Ebay, don't go for the cheapest, about a tenner is right 
    www.2020studios.co.uk