Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Pedalboard planning

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11878
    I got all my pedals, lined it up on my coffee table then had it custom built to size.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Am I being bit thick or can you not save out your pedalboard on pedalplayground?
  • PhiltrePhiltre Frets: 4173
    edited November 2017
    Am I being bit thick or can you not save out your pedalboard on pedalplayground?
    Looks like you can't. :-(

Still can't get http://pedalboardplanner.com to add pedals. Tried different browsers, disabled Adblock...

• Phil_aka_PipPhil_aka_Pip Frets: 9794
    edited November 2017
    I have tried using cardboard cutouts but found that the space required between pedals for patch leads is anybody's guess, so I just laid the pedals out on the table (connected up) and measured a rectangle around them. Fortunately I found a lump of old board that was the right dimensions.

http://i1202.photobucket.com/albums/bb376/musophilr/PedalboardMkIV.jpg

I am now thinking about whether I can squeeze in a Digitech Freqout if I optimise the PSU dept. 4 of those pedals require the same power supply

"Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  • Sassafras said:
    Seeing how well organised some of you are has been an education.
    Of course, I had to do all this before computers and the internet when all this were fields and you could go for a night out, a fish supper and a hansom cab home and still have change from a sovereign.
    You had a Soverieign? You were lucky, we had to make do with 3 farthings a fortnight ...
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  • @Philtre Super frustrating, masking tape and cardboard might be your friend here, although it's much tricker to get away with that at work.
  • Pedalboard planner didn't work for me either so I used good old microsoft word. 

Resize the "paper" to your pedal board size and insert images/photos of the pedals you want (to the correct sizes of course), then draw in your cables et voila  

There is no fool proof virtual method - it will only give you a rough idea, and you'll never truly know how it's going to fit until it's all physically in front of you. 

• Not a massive user of effects to be honest, just make do with the basics, tuner, noise suppressor and an overdrive pedal. And a footswitch.