Pimp My Tele - I'm all ears...

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• AlegreeAlegree Frets: 665
    tFB Trader
    I've got a few Tele sets left in my photography sale (I think all are gloss top Tele bridge sets now). They're available for peanuts.
    Alegree pickups & guitar supplies - www.alegree.co.uk
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TTBZTTBZ Frets: 2898
    edited August 2017
    I'd go esquire but don't bother with a switch, imo it just adds fairly useless sounds. Tappable pickup is a good idea though.

Axesrus pickups are great btw! They're what I settled on for my SG after trying most of the competition (didn't get round to try oil city humbuckers though) - a better fit for this guitar than Bare Knuckle Mules!

• While you're at it, fuck that six saddle bridge off too ;)
    Where you up to with this mate? I've had great fun 'developing' my first Affinity. They really are good guitars for the money. 

I'd totally abandon the 6 saddle bridge - also check 'Scratch it' for a new and quality scratch board that you can customise. 

Lets see pics when you get there bruv. A before and after scenario./ 
  • PonchoGregPonchoGreg Frets: 764

While you're at it, fuck that six saddle bridge off too ;)
    Where you up to with this mate? I've had great fun 'developing' my first Affinity. They really are good guitars for the money. 

I'd totally abandon the 6 saddle bridge - also check 'Scratch it' for a new and quality scratch board that you can customise. 

Lets see pics when you get there bruv. A before and after scenario./ 
    Don't mind abandoning the six saddle bridge per se, but I'm thinking a new bridge would require drilling through the body, ferrules, etc. Slightly beyond the scope of that project for me I think
    Click here to see me butchering some classic solos!
  • PonchoGregPonchoGreg Frets: 764
    Damn this looks sick:

http://www.tdpri.com/attachments/black-tele-affinity-jpg.404186/

And, totally contradicting my post above, Wilkinson do a pretty cheap toploader with brass saddles (comes in black as well).

Having had a quick gander at Northwest Guitar I can get all the hardware (including plate) for about 55 quid. That excludes pickup(s) but is mighty tempting

Click here to see me butchering some classic solos!
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom