NARCOS - Theme Song

I was in Madrid, and Barcelona two weeks ago and returned to London on the Sunday before the Barcelona terrorist attack. I was looking up some pictures online and saw this huge advertisement hoarding for Netflix NARCOS on a building at Puerta Del Sol, Madrid.  

https://www.skylinewebcams.com/en/webcam/espana/comunidad-de-madrid/madrid/puerta-del-sol-tio-pepe.html

This is the Theme Song:- 

This was extracted from something I read online (not my own words):-

I am the fire that burns your skin,
Soy el fuego que arde tu piel
I am the water that kills your thirst.
soy el agua que mata tu sed.
Of the castle, I am the tower,
El castillo, la torre yo soy
the sword that guards the treasure.
la espada que guarda el caudal.
You, the air that I breathe,
tu el aire que respiro yo
and the light of the moon on the sea.
y la luz de la luna en el mar.
The throat that longs to be choked
La garganta que ansio mojar
that I’m afraid I’ll drown in love.
que temo ahogar de amor.
And which desires you are going to give me.
y cuales deseos me vas a dar
just to look is treasure enough,
mi tesoro basta con mirarlo,
it will be yours, it will be yours.
tuyo será, y tuyo será.

The entire soundtrack, which is truly top-notch, delves just as deep into Pablo Escobar’s legend as the theme. Crafting the original score and theme along the narcocorrido subgenre (a branch of music written for and about drug kingpins in Central and South America), Pedro Bromfman, who’s helped compile and compose for the likes of Elite Squad and 2014’s RoboCop remake, said in an interview that the work of Sergio Leone and his Spaghetti Westerns helped inspire Narcos. “Colombia in the late 80’s and early 90’s reminded me of those towns you see in Westerns, dominated by a gang of outlaws. In those films, someone from out of town will usually come and help the locals defeat the bad guys. As people watch Narcos they’ll be able to see the parallels I drew, however in Colombia they had a much bigger and more complicated situation.”

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments