SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTB - Fender Johnny Marr Jaguar (SORTED) TY

What's Hot
markblackmarkblack Frets: 1591
edited September 2017 in Guitars £
gonna treat myself to a jag for my 40th. Seeing what's out there?

Fancy a Johny Marr version - but could be swayed - not hum bucker version and nothing red... not my thing.

Let me know

Cheers

Mark
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• BoopDeWoopBoopDeWoop Frets: 101
    I'm tempted to sell my AV65 jaguar in sonic blue. Vgc and with staytrem and all the case goodies 
  • xDottorexDottore Frets: 274
    Word of caution. In June I bought an American Pro Jag (which I preferred to the 'J'en ai marre', but that's personal preference). Lovely guitar and has a gorgeous range of tones…but the trem arm cross-threaded in the hole within 10 days. Not user error, which shop confirmed, but weird design. My tech told me that he knew of a not insignificant number of AmPro Jags with same problem. And guess what? I'm *still* waiting for a replacement from Fender, which makes me think it may be a widespread problem. HTH

You need an idea of what you are going to do, but it should be a vague idea.

My feedback page: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/91654/
  • markblackmarkblack Frets: 1591
    @BoopDeWoop - let me know how much you're looking if you do. 

@Dottore thanks for the tip. Hope you get it sorted soon.
  • BoopDeWoopBoopDeWoop Frets: 101

I'm on holiday right now so can get more pictures later this week but it's one of these. I can't find any for sale second hand online so not sure of a price. I basically want a Rickenbacker and this the guitar i play the least- it's never left the house. I'll have a muse over price or feel free to make me an offer!
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12666
    edited August 2017
    Dottore said:
    Word of caution. In June I bought an American Pro Jag (which I preferred to the 'J'en ai marre', but that's personal preference). Lovely guitar and has a gorgeous range of tones…but the trem arm cross-threaded in the hole within 10 days. Not user error, which shop confirmed, but weird design. My tech told me that he knew of a not insignificant number of AmPro Jags with same problem. And guess what? I'm *still* waiting for a replacement from Fender, which makes me think it may be a widespread problem. HTH
    Just buy a Staytrem arm and collet. Massive upgrade over the junk Fender fit. A threaded, clanky, clunky arm on a Jaguar is not a design improvement no matter what Fender may think.
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    edited August 2017
    @GavRichList - out of interest why? Not a trick question, just trying to do my home work.

@stevie_the_spy - sorry just can't take to red Jags.

@BoopDeWoop - You're asking me about price I'm still trying to work out what the switches do! I do like the sonic blue - suits it. As does the shell pink... but the white JM Jag is cool as... too many choices.
  • benecolbenecol Frets: 399
    impmann said:
    Just buy a Staytrem arm and collet. Massive upgrade over the junk Fender fit. A threaded, clanky, clunky arm on a Jaguar is not a design improvement no matter what Fender may think.
    Never a truer word spoken - the only mod I've done on all of my offsets (Jag, Jazzmaster and Bass VI); if you're going to have a guitar with the best trem system ever on it... *pauses here for storm of disagreement* ...then you want the arm to stay where you parked and, and not flop around, or screech like Metal Machine Music when you rotate it.

Best £30-odd you can spend on a guitar.
  • GavRichListGavRichList Frets: 7162
    markblack said:
    @GavRichList - out of interest why? Not a trick question, just trying to do my home work.

@stevie_the_spy - sorry just can't take to red Jags.

@BoopDeWoop - You're asking me about price :) I'm still trying to work out what the switches do! I do like the sonic blue - suits it. As does the shell pink... but the white JM Jag is cool as... too many choices.
    AV65 would be my choice from any as they're really great. Far prefer to Marrs owing to not liking his mods. Plus this particular one already has the staytrem and is a beautiful colour. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    @GavRichList Cheers for that. M
  • Little bump for this as I've been doing some homework and I think the Johnny Marr Jag is the way I'm going to go.